Complications from extreme mowing adventure

Jacey

I am trying to access online manual to show me if the screen immediately in front of the radiator on my 89 1210 can be removed without a complete disassembly of other components. There is a wing nut on the top and a bracket on the other top side that looks like the screen would easily slide out..but below it appears to be connected beneath other radiator attached pieces. I don't have a compressor to blow out the screen which is totally blocked from the chaff of a three year old field that has not been touched since the drought set it way back there. Overheating AND punctured tires although they were supposed to be slimed. I'll go into that next, but first, does any one know about access to the screen, or should I just take it to a car wash and blow it out thru the back with jet of water?

I remember in the past exploded views of mechanical parts on this tractor, but haven't been able to do that this time. Slow dialup so really don't need the whole manual. Just want to see how to get to that screen...maybe just take the hood off and work back? Thankx!

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know anything about F/NH but in every tractor I've ever owned that screen just slips or slides out.

The problem with trying to wash it off in place is that it tends to wash back on to the radiator where it cakes off, cutting the radiator cooling capacity when it dries. It's a lot better to pull it out of there, wash it off and then wash off the radiator itself. When washing the radiator you need enough water pressure to get all the crud out of there but not enough to bend the fins. In other words, it's better to use a hose rather than a power washer unless you do it very carefully and from directly in front.

Good Luck. It shouldn't be that difficult. I have to wash off my Kubota about every time I use it, especially during the summer.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't help with the removal either but a shop vac to clean it is better then nothing.

Jacey

Yeah..this is the trick..I'll be in the middle of a field with no access, but perhaps a pressurized water hose. In a pinch can I blow directly or side on that screen, or from the back thru the radiator (fan side)? I don't see and easy slip out for this screen!:pat: