Old Treasures

grandpa

These photos are of the tractors I sold and traded to make room for the new John Deere. There are some great memories here. The IH 1466 and 21 ft. JD Surflex were bought from my father-in-law. The 1946 Farmall H with Corsicana Shredder belonged to my Dad. The H went to a very good home along with the JD 2 bottom plow. I am keeping and intend to restore the Corsicana shredder, IHC grain drill, and IH disc harrow; they are all in good working order. Restoring my great-grandfather's horse drawn walking plow is my winter project. Some parts will have to be "manufactured" at home, but it should make a nice lawn ornament when it is finished. I thought it was a John Deere plow, but there are no markings on it, and after comparing some photos on the web, I am suspecting it is an old IH or McCormick plow. I can post more photos of it if someone can help me identify it. Hated to part with any of this stuff, but it all went to good homes where it will be used and well cared for. I had to make room for the new stuff, and it got tiresome having to spend as much time working on the tractors as using them.

Attachments

• 1466&Surflex.jpg
    1466&Surflex.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 37
  • Farmall_H&CorsicanaShredder.jpg
    Farmall_H&CorsicanaShredder.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IHC-drill1.jpg
    IHC-drill1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IHtandem.jpg
    IHtandem.jpg