Kubota recall

Tailrotor

Got a call from my dealer today about my 2014 kubota RTV X1100.

All RTV,s With aluminium rear wheel housings are being recalled to have cast iron wheel housings installed along with new bushings, bolt pens, whole assy.

Appartenty kubota has had the aluminum ones crack and break and they are replacing them all.

Dealer did mine today after call and all play is now gone with wheels jacked up off the ground.

So it took 2 1/2 years to finally come up with a fix fingers crossed call your dealer ladies and gentlemen

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think I remember this .. Two Guns and I got upset when nothing was being done to help ya'll with the problem. I think it was your post Tailrotor that we both responded to. I hope recall letters are send to all that need the repair and not just what is called " a quiet recall" to those that complained the loudest.. collie

tfdr1

From what I understand from my dealer is that the dealers will go through their sales records and notify people. I bought my X900 second hand from a private party and had called my local dealer to see if there was a way to get any history on my machine and he mentioned the TSB and added me to his list.

Dave

Tailrotor

Here's pics of old hubs and new hubs installed

Attachments

• IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 376

VA1100

Tailrotor,
Thanks for the update, I haven't heard from my dealer, but if I don't hear something by next week I'm going to give them a call. Do you know what the new bushing material is? The aluminum hubs had a very soft rubber bushing that wasn't even a good fit for the pin, that accounted for a lot of the play. I replaced mine with cast nylon bushings and that took out most of the play, but there was still some where the hub came through the housing. Glad to see that a new hub and bearing comes with the housing, hopefully they have a little tighter tolerance on it now.
Thanks again for keeping everyone updated on the recall,
Pete

Fordman

Site Supporter
Mine look like this , i don't know ? picture is sideways AGAIN Lol

Attachments

• IMG_5262.jpg
    IMG_5262.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 361

Tailrotor

VA1100 the new bushings are made of what looks to me as a hard teflon material.

The good news is there is no play at all now in my rear wheels.

But time will tell

VA1100

Tailrotor,
I'll be glad to get this fixed, I had the dealer jack up a 2016 model and it was just as sloppy as my 2014 model. I made new bushings and installed the spacers that they are now putting in the control arms on the newer models. This helped a lot, but isn't as strong as the cast parts will be.
Thanks again for your help,
Pete

Tailrotor

No problem VA1100 that's why I love this forum lots of information and no cry baby moderators like on some of the others when you speak your mine.

Love this site!!!

Fordman

Site Supporter
My bad here's the back

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_5269.jpg
    IMG_5269.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 361