1100 Increase Pressure

Rogerwh0

So I thought my 1100 was way slow and under powered in H range. I saw how the turbo kit manufactures increased the bypass pressure with no adverse problems. So I did it on mine that is not turbo'd. Worked great!! Will spin the tires in high range now rather than just sit there still does not bog the motor down. Has anyone done this? I am out of warranty so curious what this could hurt?

flex4803

can you explain what you did exactly?

I've seen a lot of interest in this, do you mind showing or explaining how and what you did? Thanks

King

It can hurt your transmission if you go to high with it. You really need a good set of gauges to check your pressure. They have done this in the past on some of the snow groomers. If you are looking to do this yourself just search the internet the information is out there but beware you can do major damage to your machine if its not done right and you increase it to much.

flex4803

yea I understand that I am a auto transmission tech/rebuilder. although I know I don't have that high of pressure of a guage, I have tried to search online and another issue is I have a rtv x series too. I have seen people say going up to about 2300 psi, but I would be on conservative side with mine, just would like to know how and where to look. thanks for your reply , once again King

King

Not sure on the new x models as soon as up grade to that model im sure I will want to tweak it a little. I would call Travis Imel at south west ag . The information is hard to come by Kubota wants to keep the machines super reliable. But with a little persistent questioning you might get it from them the amount of pressure that they increase them with out having any failed machines.

Rogerwh0

I know I should have used gauges to set the pressure but I didn't. I am yet to hear of a transmission failure on any if the forums so I figured they must be fairly strong? I bought my machine HEAVILY used, it would barely run 8 mph when I started maintenance and adjustments. Now I can run 20+ up a slight grade. I do not have to let off the throttle to get more power. So if someone never changed filters and runs in the wrong gear the valve is doing overtime work more than designed? The whole "let off the throttle for more power" is gone now. I think all that was doing was taking pressure off the pressure release valve?

I followed the instructions on the install of a SWAG turbo kit. Basically the same as valve type that adjusts HST coast valve. I tightened mine in 1/2 rotation increases until I was happy with pressure it was putting to the ground. I ended up turning it 2.5 rotations. Barely will spin the tires in 2wd high range. Mine would not even think of spinning tires in Med 2wd before. I am just pushing into a bank and giving it the throttle. The motor never bogs down so I cant imagine it is over working? I have the instructions as a PDF. I am not sure how to attach them. Super easy and can be done in less than 10 min.

Rogerwh0

I have only had my RTV for about 2 months but I have owned lots of the small Kubota tractors. I have literally abused my tractors and have never had any issues on any of them. I am certain the RTV is as strong and designed as sturdy as the rest of the Kubota line. Has anyone had a personal HST failure?

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Roger, here is the company that has the solenoid valve.

Princess Auto

Attachments

• SelectorValve Princess Auto.jpg
    SelectorValve Princess Auto.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 383

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
I was told 4,000 psi on the by pass valves worked with no ill effects by a Kubota mechanic.

But he used gauges.

Do you do both forward and reverse?

This picture is a little larger.

Attachments

• SelectorValve Princess Auto 2.jpg
    SelectorValve Princess Auto 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 388

Rogerwh0

I only did the forward valve so far. My reverse seems to have plenty of pull. I have put about 10 hours on the machine with the increase. I love it, I have pulled my welding trailer up hills it would not climb empty before. I Think I have it set to the perfect pressure?? LMAO no gauges just guesses~ Runs solid at 23MPH on flat ground and 20MPH on slight inclines. Nearly double what it was doing before.

Mark.Sibole

I think you adjusted the valve with the lock nut on it at the back of the tranny correct?
I turned mine in 2 turns in and gained a lot of the missing torque.Mine was to the point if i got stuck it wouldnt spin a wheel period.So I made the adjustment.It gave me the needed power i needed.Only thing I did notice was when i first start it up and place it in foreward gear it likes to move backwards a bit but when it warms up all is good.And the added torque is a definate plus.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I only did the forward valve so far. My reverse seems to have plenty of pull. I have put about 10 hours on the machine with the increase. I love it, I have pulled my welding trailer up hills it would not climb empty before. I Think I have it set to the perfect pressure?? LMAO no gauges just guesses~ Runs solid at 23MPH on flat ground and 20MPH on slight inclines. Nearly double what it was doing before.

Are you sure you just didn't bring it up to normal as the numbers you gave for performance are way under what I would expect. It sounds like its doing what it should now.

Bob

Rogerwh0

I probably am close to normal now? I absolutely love how it works now. Plenty of power for the normal use in high range..

Mine does not move in reverse unless it is put in reverse. Maybe your reverse vavle is fatigued?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mine does not move in reverse unless it is put in reverse. Maybe your reverse vavle is fatigued?
There's a tweak for that. I just don't remember what it was but it's somewhere here on the forum. Something about neutral adjustment.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, for those interested in "tweaking" for performance, here's what I found.

I have a friend who's very good at this so I asked him to do it. He went to the dealer to get all the pressures and such and the dealer told him that they would do it for $200 and know exactly what to tweak on the RTV for max performance without exceeding limits that could damage something.

My friend and I both agreed that sending it to the dealer for $200 is the best option. You may want to see if your dealer offers the same service. I haven't done mine... yet.

Art454

Without getting the manual out...is it that thing that is black on mine with a long screw with a jam nut on the side of it? Sits on top of tranny near the back. Also a rod goes to it also on top of the valve. Has a long screw with a screw driver slot on the drivers side.
1100 MODEL 2008

I think over time and heat the spring gets a little weak.

I know on my bx23 with TLB I had to add a few shims and it picked right up after about 50 hours of work the shims brought it back to as new.

There was a thread on how to adjust the creep at one time on the site. Should have been a sticky.

Last edited:

Rogerwh0

Without getting the manual out...is it that thing that is black on mine with a long screw with a jam nut on the side of it? Sits on top of tranny near the back. Also a rod goes to it also on top of the valve. Has a long screw with a screw driver slot on the drivers side.
1100 MODEL 2008

I think over time and heat the spring gets a little weak.

I know on my bx23 with TLB I had to add a few shims and it picked right up after about 50 hours of work the shims brought it back to as new.

There was a thread on how to adjust the creep at one time on the site. Should have been a sticky.

This spring is inside a 10mm allen head plug. It sits directly on the back of the transmission by the filter. The one you are referring to I believe is the HST neutral adjustment?

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
This might help. RTV1100 2009 transmission arrangement.

Attachments

• RTV1100 Relief Valves.jpg
    RTV1100 Relief Valves.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 295