Loss of a very close FRIEND

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
While talking with Border Collie on here about some stuff, she mentioned about the loss of her really REALLY good friend..... Few on here know but Border Collie gets her name on here from that friend. You see her riding with both of those "friends" in a lot of her pictures that she posts.
My heart goes out to Border Collie, Judy, as like her, we both know that all to soon, I hope, we will see that puppy and all of our other good friends and folks when we pass on. I can only imagine the pain that she is going through. Our friend is often the only one that will listen, is always there in the seat next to us, helps us chase those critters and get them back through the broken fence line, puts their paw on our leg to let us know that they are there and care, or has a smile on their face when we need one the most.

Yes, to some that thing is just a dog; a pain to clean up after, a barking nuisance, and that dog down the road that always chases me and gets in the way. For the few of us that know, that friend "loves" us with a love that never dies, is everlasting and pure, and will always be with us...... God bless Judy.......Dennis

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
That's terrible news. Although I only know her from what she posts on here, my heart goes out to her.

Kanook

Bordercollie....I'm saddened to hear of the loss of a special friend of yours...and they are special.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll for the kind words. I do miss my pal.... Belle was a good puppy . The Good Lord let me have my friend and loyal companion for almost 15 years. She would lay there, on the RTV for literally hours while I worked on fencing or other things and doze- and would never get off unless I said to. Of course, if I had a peanut butter sandwich, she would get a piece of it and if she was thirsty, I would pour her some of my water in a cup I carried. :) Yes indeed, a fine and loyal companion. She could sure communicate to me with those eyes.(she disliked the speed of the 4 whlr and would seem to say" help me get out of this so I can go with you" This was way back when the bil wanted her to ride on it with Millie (her sister). I miss her looking at me from her place to lay in the house- she always had a smile on her expression and could read my face too.
My companions are a true gift from the Lord and so I believe with all my heart that the Lord has what we love and loved in heaven.. waiting on us. I hold to that.
To borrow Dennis' words "God Bless" ya'll and thank you for your concern. judy aka bordercollie

Attachments

• 0423151405.jpg
    0423151405.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 170
  • 1211131126a.jpg
    1211131126a.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 167
  • sprayer.jpg
    sprayer.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Nevadablue

... my buddy, my pal, my friend...

My prayers are with you Judy. I know your pain. My little friend here (Rat Terrier) will be six in January. I sincerely hope she outlives me because losing her would kill me. sigh...

I'll hug my little girl now. Oh, I do believe in the Rainbow Bridge. It will be a happy, tail wagging place for me I'm sure.

Tailrotor

Border collie sorry to hear about your friend I hope you find some peace in this I know when I lost my friend I did. God bless

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, so sorry to hear this Judy. My heart aches for you. :(

I share this for you:

A Cowboy a Horse and His dog

An old cowboy was riding his trusty horse followed by his faithful dog along an unfamiliar road. The cowboy was enjoying the new scenery, when he suddenly remembered dying, and realized the dog beside him had been dead for years, as had his horse. Confused, he wondered what was happening, and where the trail was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall that looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch topped by a golden letter "H" that glowed in the sunlight. Standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like gold.

He rode toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. Parched and tired out by his journey, he called out;

'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

As the gate began to open, the cowboy asked 'Can I bring my partners, too?'

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The cowboy thought for a moment, then turned back to the road and continued riding, his dog trotting by his side.

After another long ride, at the top of another hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a ranch gate that looked as if it had never been closed. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me,' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Sure, there's a pump right over there. Help yourself.'

'How about my friends here?' the traveler gestured to the dog and his horse.

'Of course! They look thirsty, too,' said the man.

The trio went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with buckets beside it. The traveler filled a cup and the buckets with wonderfully cool water and took a long drink, as did his horse and dog.

When they were full, he walked back to the man who was still standing by the tree;

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'That's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the glitzy, gold street and fake pearly gates? That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you angry when they use your name like that?'

'Not at all. Actually, we're happy they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind...'

Attachments

• CowboyHorseAnDog.jpg
    CowboyHorseAnDog.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 148

David69

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I might lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
Please keep me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.
And my friend, when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see to it that my life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I drew that my fate was always safest in your loving hands.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank Ya'll

Wow, What an excellent group of friends here. I thank each of you for your concern and sharing pms and posts of encouragement with me. bordercollie aka judy

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your loss of a good friend. May there be RTV's to ride in doggy heaven.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I know your pain bordercollie just this past year I lost 4 of mine the neighbors kept complaining my pit bull was killing the cats around here and I knew it wasn't her 100% well they called the pound and they said i had to raise my already 6' fence with barbed wire another 1' with no money to do it i kep her on a leash when i let her out. well a possum got to my dads rabbits and he called the pound and said it was my pit.everyone wanted blood. the kids was saying if i don't bring her they was gonna shoot her.finally i brung her i sat down with her outside the animal control place for the lomgest time just talking with her. well i ended up going in with her and it was hard. i cried like a baby i still have her collar hanging from my rear view mirror in my truck.they put her down that same day.two weeks later they caught the dog that was killing the cats on the street over. the next one was when i was at work my wife called and called but i didn't have my ear plugs in because i was working with an idiot who was not all there so i needed to keep an eye out for what he was doing.i finally got the call about two hours after it happened i had a chocolate lab and he claimed the back yard as his and would hide bones well my guess is one of my Chihuahuas got to close to his bone and a fight broke out. when i got home littled was laying down so i picked him up and brung him inside i put some towels in the dryer to help warm him up he lived for about 15 minutes then stopped breathing. i gave him cpr for what felt like forever til my sons said dad stop he's gone.the wife made me bring charly the lab to animal control because she thought he was a danger to the others .they loved him at the pound til a lady who works there walked in and said he has pitbull inhim and we have to put him down so they did. then about a year ago my black lab came down with this muscle disorder where all the muscle tissue on one side of his face just died. we kept him going with prednisone from the vet till about 3 weeks ago he just stopped eating food. i got him some soft food and that worked for a few days then he stopped eating that.i came home from mailing todds bed rails and the wife said bubba's not even driking water. i looked him over he had lost so much weight he could only open his mouth maybe a 1/2 "i tried to open it further and the side where he had no tissue left clicked. my bubba didn't have anything to hold his jaw in place anymore and it was to painfull for him to open his mouth.i started crying and went outside and found a good spot under a big oak tree i started digging the hole crying the whole time .when i was finished i went inside and got my gun and called bubba he came walked up to me with his tail wagging and followed me outside i brought a big beach towel to cover his head with.i sat down on the side the hole with my feet in it and freakin bubba got down into the whole and rested his head on my knees. i kept telling him to comeone bubba get out the hole finnaly he did .he made one last run around the yard and came to me i got him to lay down beside me and covered his head and calmed him down then i done what i had to do man did i cry. you never know just how much you love and need them til they leave you. at night i take the rest of my possie out to do their thing before bed and i st and just stare at bubbas grave. i feel for you bordercollie it's hard really hard.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Bordercollie,
Have not logged in for awile, but wanted to today to share your sorrow and pay my respects. God Bless and top of the day to ya.
The RTV1100 has 2400 hrs and 43000 miles on it, all in Michigan.
After changing the u-Joints at 1300 hrs, have not any problems.
Joints look great and have continued using Super Lube and Purge/Lubing - Grease till ya see new Grease - every 150 hrs.
:wave:

urednecku

BC, I don't think there is anything I (or anyone else) could say that could take the pain away or fill that empty hole you now have in your chest, but know you are in my thoughts. I still have a couple empty spots myself from some of my own 'best friends' that have left me way too soon, so yea, I know the feeling, & it ain't fun.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.... Bordercollie,
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My heart goes out to you.
As I have said before, GOD IS WITH YOU, ALWAYS !!!!
She will be in your heart forever. I am here in the shadows, if you need us, contact us, we will be there.

Always Here,
Two Guns & Company

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns , Thank ya'll and all who have posted thoughtful words.
Yes I do miss my partner,the overweight boot warmer, laying close to my feet on the RTV, with such affectionate eyes, the pup with whom I was her number one, When I was closing/opening a spring gate and getting in quickly from the passenger side, she would shift her weight to make room for my foot to hop over. In the last year, I would have to give her a boost to get up on the RTV and sometimes when it was hot, I would sneak away to avoid that , I would look back and see her looking at me leaving. That is what kills me. I do find comfort in my religion though and as you said , God is in my heart and will get me through this. collie aka judy.

cchaffee

God sends those special animals to a special person who deserves them, and will give them a wonderful life. I am so sorry for your loss.

OrangeBuggy

Ahhh, so sorry to hear this Judy. My heart aches for you. :(

I share this for you:

A Cowboy a Horse and His dog

An old cowboy was riding his trusty horse followed by his faithful dog along an unfamiliar road. The cowboy was enjoying the new scenery, when he suddenly remembered dying, and realized the dog beside him had been dead for years, as had his horse. Confused, he wondered what was happening, and where the trail was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall that looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch topped by a golden letter "H" that glowed in the sunlight. Standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like gold.

He rode toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. Parched and tired out by his journey, he called out;

'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

As the gate began to open, the cowboy asked 'Can I bring my partners, too?'

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The cowboy thought for a moment, then turned back to the road and continued riding, his dog trotting by his side.

After another long ride, at the top of another hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a ranch gate that looked as if it had never been closed. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me,' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Sure, there's a pump right over there. Help yourself.'

'How about my friends here?' the traveler gestured to the dog and his horse.

'Of course! They look thirsty, too,' said the man.

The trio went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with buckets beside it. The traveler filled a cup and the buckets with wonderfully cool water and took a long drink, as did his horse and dog.

When they were full, he walked back to the man who was still standing by the tree;

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'That's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the glitzy, gold street and fake pearly gates? That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you angry when they use your name like that?'

'Not at all. Actually, we're happy they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind...'

I have read this before, very good and true.