New Tire ?

10-e-c-dirt

My OEM tires are just about gone after 5500 miles on my X900. So I'm looking for a new set, Has anyone used Greenball Spartacus ATV Tires? Costco has them in 25 X 10R x 12, 8 ply radials, $110.00 ea.
Thanks in advance,
dirt

My OEM tires are just about gone after 5500 miles on my X900. So I'm looking for a new set, Has anyone used Greenball Spartacus ATV Tires? Costco has them in 25 X 10R x 12, 8 ply radials, $110.00 ea.
Thanks in advance,
dirt

If your wanting to get bigger, I just installed 27x11x12 itp black waters all the way around on stock wheels. Looks great, not loud and around $146 each delivered. They also have a 1k lb weight rating.

Brett

ovrszd

As Brett mentioned, pay attention to weight capacity rating. I've not verified this but would expect the rears to be carrying 600lbs each when the RTV is empty and driverless.

10-e-c-dirt

If your wanting to get bigger, I just installed 27x11x12 itp black waters all the way around on stock wheels. Looks great, not loud and around $146 each delivered. They also have a 1k lb weight rating.

As Brett mentioned, pay attention to weight capacity rating. I've not verified this but would expect the rears to be carrying 600lbs each when the RTV is empty and driver-less.

I keep it in the basement garage in winter, its heated, I have about 2" of clearance with new OEM's, so I can't use a taller tire.
I never thought about the weight rating. I'll weight a little over 2000 lbs w/the Kubota RTV cab add-on.
I just found a weight rating for Spartacus ATV's, 595 lbs, guess I'll keep looking.
Thanks

ovrszd

Glad you checked. Hard to find ATV tires with any sizeable weight rating.

The old school method of going by the tire's "ply rating" doesn't work anymore. And few tires in this category will have their weight capacity stamped on the sidewall.

10-e-c-dirt

Glad you checked. Hard to find ATV tires with any sizeable weight rating.

The old school method of going by the tire's "ply rating" doesn't work anymore. And few tires in this category will have their weight capacity stamped on the sidewall.

Most ATV tires that I've found on internet do not list the weight rating. I may just go back to the OEM's, 440 Mag Off-Road. They gave good service, 1 flat in 5500 pasture & field miles & some gravel roads, maybe 100 miles of pavement.

10-e-c-dirt

I just got back from checking cattle in the RTV, thought I'd see what the weight rating was on the OEM tires (440 Mags)....
170 kP@ 23 PSI........ If k stands for kilo's its 170 X 2.2 = 375 lbs.....Dazed&Confused

ovrszd

Just checked one of my OEM 350 Mag (adsw) tires and they are also labeled 170kp. You are correct in your conversion if kp stands for kilos. I've certainly overloaded them many times. Dazed and confused beside you. :)

ovrszd

Edit, just scraped off the rest of the mud,,,, kp is a metric measurement of air pressure. They don't mention weight capacity....

I just got back from checking cattle in the RTV, thought I'd see what the weight rating was on the OEM tires (440 Mags)....
170 kP@ 23 PSI........ If k stands for kilo's its 170 X 2.2 = 375 lbs.....Dazed&Confused

Your referencing miles so I'm assuming you're from America. Have no idea why your tires would be saying that. 170 kp is nearly the same as 24 psi. Kp is a kilopascal

Brett

Obviously came here late. Started this post about 10a. Glad you got some good info

Brett

10-e-c-dirt

Your referencing miles so I'm assuming you're from America. Have no idea why your tires would be saying that. 170 kp is nearly the same as 24 psi. Kp is a kilopascal

Brett

Obviously came here late. Started this post about 10a. Glad you got some good info

Brett

Yep, America, like it sez 10-e-c-dirt, (Tennessee Dirt) or mostly 10-e-c-cow crap, LOL

ovrszd

Yep, America, like it sez 10-e-c-dirt, (Tennessee Dirt) or mostly 10-e-c-cow crap, LOL

I spent a couple minutes trying to figure out your handle and finally gave up. Tennessee Dirt never, even for a second, crossed my feeble brain!!!! :)

shinnery

You can edit your profile to add location information to remove any questions. Just a general area if you prefer. I am five miles out of town so it is general enough for me.
Bryce

ovrszd

Because at that load speed produces heat, heat causes failure. Their capacities are based on unlimited time. They have to control the heat buildup to survive that load infinitely.