Kubota BX25

trackeer

Hey All,

New to this site, in the process of purchasing a BX25 with 54" mower deck and mulching kit (wifes wants)
I have done some searching and trying to find the going price seems difficult at best, my local dealer is offering me this tractor for 19,500, Mower Deck, 3 Point hitch, and Kubota's 42 month zero percent interest, which we have been approved.
I currently own a JD LX277, which no longer serves my needs, but has been a excellent machine, JD does not really offer anything I could directly compare to the Kubota, unless I missed something.
Anyone else have the same results when trying to price these machines? I am hoping to feel good about the purchase from the money aspect, the dealer seems top shelf, like everyone now'a days I want the most for my hard earned money.

Thanks

Moe in NH

zionview

Congrats on your purchase! I can't say whether you got a good deal or not, I bought my BX used. The 3 pt. hitch should come with it, though. Good luck with it and welcome to the forum! Lotsa good info here!

urednecku

Yep, welcome!!
About a year & 1/2 ago I got a new M7040, 4wd with FEL, delivered, for less than I could get a comparable lower-end JD-- with OUT the FEL. Not sure how the smaller ones compare, tho.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
My B2400 is coming up on 9 years old so I can't comment on prices any more. I didn't shop around when I bought it. I went to the local dealer that our family has used for years. When I bought the GL 4740 about 15 months ago, I went to the same dealer for a quote. Friends told me to shop further afield and I got the machine at a dealer about 35 miles away for significantly less than my local dealer offered it.

So, my advice, now that you've identified what you want, is to shop around because the dealers have a lot of latitude in what they actually charge for their equipment. You can still use your local dealer for service and spares if needed although he may assign you a lower priority since you didn't buy the machine there, preferring to service his own customers first. I haven't found that to be a problem but I'm told by other tractor buddies that it is a possibility.

I don't keep up with JD equipment anymore so I don't know if they offer an equivalent to the BX25 but I'd be surprised if they didn't have something similar. It seems to be too big a market niche for them to ignore. When I was shopping 15 months ago, JD cost was roughly equivalent to the original Kubota quote and I was going to buy green until I found the deal on the machine I actually purchased.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Hi, trackeer, and welcome to Net Tractor Talk!

The BX series, including the BX25, are all subcompacts. The only model JD offers in this size is the 2305, which is a nice machine. It is available with a factory installed 260 backhoe, their attempt to match the BX25. If you don't need a backhoe, you might find better pricing on one of the other BX models. I agree with EastTexFrank about contacting other local dealers, as well as contacting a dealer who specializes in internet sales and ships nationwide - there are some.

Good luck with your purchase, and enjoy the shopping experience! Sit on lots of machines, see which machine and which dealer fits you best - and have fun!

Fred

trackeer

Hey All,

My BX25 is here, thought the delivery dude would never leave, geez. Love the tractor, and to be honest I felt no need to try it out, I wanted a Kubota when I bought the Deere(The Womens Idea), and only with 0 percent interest did I make the move this time. What the hell, I'll use Kubota's moola for awhile, lol. Yes, 19K with a 54inch mower deck and mulching kit and 0 percent interest in NH, same price at three different dealers up this way.
The tractor is really nice, 4 wheel drive is a must, or I'd call the tractor sorta useless. I think the FEL and Backhoe combo is sweet, and the fact you can drop the attachments (easliy)and mow is a big plus.
Intended use, light remodeling, decks, add-ons, yard maintenance, clean-up, etc, need a trailer.
So, were both pleased and I'll be teaching her how to run it, fairly easy, Kubota did a nice job on this machine, JD's X700 series comes close to matching the Kubota with 4 Wheel drive and no Backhoe, suppose woods or some other aftermarket, very pricey. At least thats what I think!!!
USED, lx277 for sale, mowed lawn, new in 02, thatcher and seeder/airaitor, $1950.00 195 hours, if anyone knows someone in need.

zionview

Careful teaching others to run your machine-one friend doesn't get much seat time any more, including 'hoe time!:pat:

trackeer

LOLOL,

Oh well, you know how fickle them hoe's can be if things aren't just so. She wants to learn who am I not to show her, digging holes, pulling up stumps, moving rocks, and assorted actual tractor use other than lawn mowing won't be much interest to her other than she says she can work it.
So, I figure I prefer not to mow and she can have at it, lololol, lots of seat time on the other more important fun stuff.

Moe in NH

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you on that Moe. Let her do the mowing and you do the more fun stuff. :thumb:
My wife pushed (a little) for me to get a ZTR for our mowing duties. She liked it and mowed for the 1st 2 seasons with it, then she got bored with it and has tapered off ever since. I think she mowed an acre or two a couple times last year. We have 4 acres that we mow during mowing season ...she never mowed it all any one time. :pat: That's okay, I'm getting it down to a system. Sure liked it better when I could brush hog and do FEL stuff while she mowed though. :D