High Mount Air Intake X1120D

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I tried a quick search on the site and Google before bugging everyone with this question.

I have heard a high mount air intake might be available for the RTV S models.

Does anyone know if there is one for the X1120D and if so, who has them?

Thanks

Lee1935

Kubota sells high air intake for most of their models, however very simple to make your own. The big advantage of the Kubota kit is the air cleaner, about twice the size of the stock. all of the rubber hose that comes with the kit can be modified to fit any side by side.
when I bought my x900 I didn't like the way Kubota designed it so made a few slight modifications ☺☺

10-e-c-dirt

From the 1st day of ownership of my X900 (3 years ago), I've worried about a stick or rock cutting the rubber hose after the filter especially at the right front tire where it has no protection. I try to check often.
As a side note, I bought a ZTR mower with a Kaw 852cc engine, the filter and hoses are much bigger, I wonder if the smaller filer & hose are restricting the Kubota's 902 cc engine to some extent???

Lee1935

I think you are correct, after I installed a high rise the intake hose was about 1/2 as long and the engine sounded like a diesel and did seem a little more responsive when you pushed down on the go pedal ☺☺