Some pictures of my new to me Yanmar 1610D

Tvern13

Just got this last memorial day. Came with FEL, 4' box blade, PHD, middle buster and RSB 1401 tiller. After I had about 10 hours on her I noticed coolant blowing out of coolant reservoir and it was blowing bubbles into tank. Talked to dealer and he sent me parts for head gasket swap. No problems since I put it back together.

IMG_1624a.jpg

IMG_1626a.jpg

IMG_1628a.jpg

IMG_1623a.jpg

While I had it down swapping the head gasket pulled the sheet metal and repainted.

IMG_1638.jpg

Painted the floorboards and grab handles with truck bed liner.

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Added a worklight with switch.

IMG_1634.jpg

A 12V power point - with switch on box so I can control my tow behind sprayer from the seat.

IMG_1633.jpg

Additional switch on box turns blinkers on as flashers while leaving turn signal switch on dash still functioning as it did originally.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That is gorgeous! It looks brand new. And I think that is Yanmar's ideal model.

You are going to love it. Well I guess you already do. I envy you! :tiphat:

Tvern13

Thanks Mark for the congrats and the advice before I bought it. You know I have been hanging around these forums for years and digging out info on the gray market Yanmars. I always thought they were a great buy but with the way I've seen the parts support grow for these over the years I didn't see how I could go wrong. I've really been enjoying using the new tractor.

EastTexFrank,

Been getting some really good use out of the tractor. Picked out the implements with jobs in mind so the tractor went right to work.
1. Trenched for pipes on pool install. (you can see one of the trenches in the background of the picture with the middle buster)
2. Used the box blade and FEL to smooth out the destruction caused by the 3 trackhoes and 2 bobcats used during construction. It has done a really good job sloping off for drainage to the ditches.
3. Drilled all the holes for the pool fence install with the PHD.

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

4. Moved the pile of tree stumps piled up by the contractors so they could be burned.

5. Moved construction material around as needed.

And a few unplanned things like

Unloading cargo.
IMG_1622a.jpg

And clearing a tree that fell across the street from my neighbors property during a thunderstorm so my neighbors down the street could get out. (Live on a dead end street).

Basically been havin too much fun! Gotta watch it :D:D:D I think the wife is starting to be suspicious :eek:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Tvern!!!! Action shots too. Reps to you. We all love pics. nicely done. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Looks like it's saved your back from doing a ton of work already. Welcome and enjoy.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
GREAT PICS and good looking pool.

Your making me sweat just looking at all that work. Reminds me. I promised the wife that I'd fix the sprinklers today. I've got some brown spots appearing in the yard. Well it might be hot but at least I'll be wet.

Keep them coming. I can look at other people's work all day. :yum: It's amazing what you can achieve with those little machines, isn't it????

Tvern13

Already do!!! Spent years diggin up specs on these Yanmars and drooling over them. My only regret is that with all the other work I've got to do at the house I haven't had more time to play err..... work with it. BUT it sure has done some good work so far and the wife has even been impressed with all that it's done so far.