Chinese Mahindras???

Mith

Well thats damaged my impression of Kubota!

Anyone know if NH are manufacturing in Asia?

Dougster

Old Member
Yep. Sure didn't help. What the heck are they thinking with a press release like that??? :confused: What is driving this quest for the lowest common denominator in quality and price? Someone somewhere must think there is a bundle to be made abandoning traditional customers and going for these mysterious new bottom feeders. :rolleyes:
?????? Thailand has a INDUSTRIAL complex better than China ???? :ohmy:
I don't think that's the precise question I would ask... but I don't want to get going again on the endless subject of low/dangerous Chinese product quality and what I see as the reasons therefore. Been there, done that... and I have nothing new to add to that pathetic story. :eek:

Dougster :starbucks:

Mith

I guess not all that China pumps out is rubbish. They can make good quality stuff, but not at the price that is often demanded.

They probably just make the product they are told to, at the price they are told to.
Hopefully Kubota and Mahindra will specify a decent quality, and give them the money they need to do it.
Both companies you would hope realise they have a reputation too good to ruin by putting their name on rubbish.
Deere seem to be doing just that, in the lawn and garden sector anyway.

Bindian

I guess not all that China pumps out is rubbish. They can make good quality stuff, but not at the price that is often demanded.

They probably just make the product they are told to, at the price they are told to.
Hopefully Kubota and Mahindra will specify a decent quality, and give them the money they need to do it.
Both companies you would hope realise they have a reputation too good to ruin by putting their name on rubbish.
Deere seem to be doing just that, in the lawn and garden sector anyway.
Thailand is way better than China. Luke and I went once. Luke R&R'd there while in the Navy. It is an European and American retirement colony.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Thailand is way better than China. Luke and I went once. Luke R&R'd there while in the Navy. It is an European and American retirement colony.:cool:
hugs, Brandi
Even without knowing the specifics of what and where exactly Kubota intended to build a factory, I would tend to agree. Lord knows I don't want to be the first guy to buy a tractor out of that new factory... but all I have seen, read and heard says Thailand cannot possibly be as bad a source country as China. :eek:

Still, the wording of the press release is very troubling. :(

Dougster :starbucks:

Thailand has to have something to do with all of its out-of-work sex workers...Having them assemble a Kubota tractors...just make sure you are double-gloved when you operate one...:rolleyes:

mobilus

Thailand has to have something to do with all of its out-of-work sex workers...Having them assemble a Kubota tractors...just make sure you are double-gloved when you operate one...:rolleyes:

That's appropriate, it'll give special meaning to that "I got screwed" feeling when it falls apart.:pat: :yum:

dgl24087

Anyone know if NH are manufacturing in Asia?
From the CNH web site:
Manufacturing plants are based in China at Harbin - tractors; and Shanghai - tractors; and Uzbekistan at Tashkent - tractors and cotton pickers; and in Turkey at Ankara - tractors. Are as well in India at New Delhi - tractors; and Pithampur - tractor loaders and backhoes; and in Pakistan at Dera Ghazi Khan - tractors.

The TT series is imported to the US from India, The TDD's are from Turkey.