Kubota L-35 GST valve problem/questions

copper

Hello

i am hoping to get some help on a GST valve problem.
I recently purchased a 2002 L-35 TLB, a nice clean 400 hour unit.
when i got it home i decided to change all the fluids. to have a fresh start.
My stupidity..: I removed a plug which i thought was a transmission drain plug...and it was not..it was the plug on the bottom of the modulating valve of the GST valve.

So out fell a spring, spring screen and the orifice. ( at least this is all the parts i dug out of the drain pan) I put it back together. When i took the tractor out...there was poor tire spin power, and shifting was not great. The tires would not spin on hard ground..in 1st gear. Of course by this time, i had cleaned the garage, and the garbage was out !!

When looking at the parts diagram...i see a few other small parts..that are not available to purchase...parts # O and B. ( i could not figure out how to attach the parts diagram)

When installing, i installed the orifice first, the spring screen second ( with the screen facing up toward the orifice, and the collar down) and the spring 3rd, before i install the plug.

My question is .. would anybody know what parts i am missing, and as well the correct way to put the parts back in? Is there and better diagrams to follow? The service manual and parts manual are not very clear

I have made several calls to my local and non local kubota dealers and have had trouble getting help, other then buying a complete new GST valve.

Also, s there any other way to purchase these parts without buying a complete new GST valve?

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
Can't help you with that one since my tractor is green.
Have you contacted the parts department at Messicks? www.messicks.com
They're always very helpful.

copper

Thank you for the response, yes, i have spoke to Messicks, and they could not help me...due to the same poor diagrams. They do not know how it goes together.