bx23 front end loader goes up slow

woomer

i have a bx23. front end loader goes up slow, but comes down at normal speed. bucket opens and closes normal speed.

i changed transmission fluid and filter, and cleaned strainer. no leaks. problem still exists.

any ideas?

Art454

Since bucket works fine I would think it would be in the control valve...the one you use your hand on to operated it with.....don't forget to look under and around the tractor for a damaged line as some are metal that goes under tractor by oil pan and could be crushed some by hitting something.

Art

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
How's your joystick acting? Does it happen to be rough, sticky, or really loose coming back? Worn roller in the control ............. I'm no pro just guessing! I've had to work on mine for the same problem and it's usually something works loose and doesn't allow good transfer of flow.

woomer

joystick acts normal. 600 hours on machine. everything seems to be smooth, just started to notice bucket takes about 8-10 seconds to reach maximum height empty. coming down, 3 seconds. the spec is 3 seconds up. it just seems really slow...

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Will the joystick stay in float? I'd be breaking that controller down to take a look.

woomer

art, the lines under the tractor are in good shape. no kinks, bends or twists. this tractor has 600 hours on it.

Art454

art, the lines under the tractor are in good shape. no kinks, bends or twists. this tractor has 600 hours on it.

OK I have the same tractor but the tlb....and I have bent the lines from being in the brush is why I said check the lines as I have bent mine a few times and to grawl under there and strighten them out....other than that am sure you have the 2 levers to run the loader so I guess I would take it apart maybe something metal or rubber stuck in there somewere....as long as the tractor is moving ok....since it gets its power from the hwy.pump that works everything.
I have never seen a joystick control on the bx series myself

Art

Art454

I have the repair manual I'll have a look at that unit incase there is a screen somewere else other than the one by the wheel for the tranny.
BTW you almost have to run the tractor a full rpm to get that 3 second rule....at idle mine won't even move...typical for kubota.

I also have the bx 2350 with the mower deck u need half throttle just to raise the deck and the 3 point hitch....my rtv at idle the box jumps up.....lol
Only thing I hate about the bx series is at idle no hyd.works till u get some rpm up....other that that no problems have 600 hours on my bx23 also.
On the bx 24 and 25 they really cheapen up the backhoe with smaller pins and long shitty handles to save a few bucks on the long tower they had on the 22 and 23.

Art

Art454

I looked at the repair manual on the control valve and there is a lot of o rings and springs....Really you need to buy the repair manual so you can see how things work.
I always buy a factory repair manual for anything I buy.....just no way around it for diy guys.

Art