RTV 900 Consol

Mark.Sibole

Dont remember if I posted this or not.
I finally made a consol for the RTV.Its not completly done yet as im waiting for warmer weather to paint it and finish it.
Here is what I have so far on it
IMG_8385.JPG

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's getting there Mark. Are you going to put anything in the boxed area like a stereo or cubby for holding stuff?

TSF? The Shit Fan? You may want to consider a 900 that's an open-air cab if you really need that much fan power. ;)

Mark.Sibole

Top lights Strobe lights and Flashers BC yes when I remove it to paint I have a Box to add to it for putting stuff in it . May be 2 boxes or slots 1 for general stuff like smokes lighter and another for bullets and Binos.I also plan on adding 1 or 2 cigarette lighter plugs on it for accessorys and I have to mount my 12 volt fan on it for cooling in the summer.No plans for a stereo to date but thats subject to change as always.

Mark.Sibole

Oh If I can find a good way to do it Im seriously thinking of taping into the cooling lines and adding a small heater core and add some round angled vents with a fan to act as a defroster for the windshield.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Two guns posted a link to a neat little heater that looked easy to add. I could use an overhead console like that. Especially one with a place to store a few odds and ends. :thumb:

razerface

Oh If I can find a good way to do it Im seriously thinking of taping into the cooling lines and adding a small heater core and add some round angled vents with a fan to act as a defroster for the windshield.

defrosters might work better when they come from the bottom,,,heat rises. It would be easier to hide the hoses lower too. I have seen some small heaters on fleabay that look like they would fit in that consol though. I guess you could buy any small heater core and put a fan inside the box with it.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I used a marine stereo cover to cover the hole to store things it seals up good an stays shut.by running a water line that high it might out more of a strain on the botas wster pump .

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mark. That is really coming along! I bet you are loving it as much as I do mine. They are just so handy since the RTV is short on accessory hook up places and storage. Congratulations!! :) I look forward to seeing it as you add the features you mentioned. :) :) bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
LOVE THE LIGHT !!!

Got to have the cab light !!!!

Think about under the hood storage. Cheap and hold
everything. You can even put two under there ....

And the handy " Stick-Em" light is great out in the swamps
at night looking for something under the hood !!!!

Attachments

• RTV STORAGE.jpg
    RTV STORAGE.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Mark.Sibole

Yes the dome light is a definate plus for the cab.I got tired of the sticky lights battery deaths in sub zero temps.I do have one under the hood which works when it wants to.It will get a 12 volt light as soon as I find 1 I like thats free lol.The storage box is also a nice addition under the hood for gloves and such.I took mine out as I generally have the big aluminum box in the back to hold a lot of things and has roon for locking up the kids in it lol.There are so many things one can do to save money and easily made.

Mark.Sibole

The plans in the spring when i remove the consol to paint and finish it is to run a 4 gauge wire up there for the main power and add a fuse box for each acessory so it can carry the current.Right now its only 12 gauge and its a bit undersized if I have all of the lights running at one time.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
looking good Mark. You are giving me some ideas for all the practical extras we like to add.

Popo1945

overhead console

Mark,
I saw your post & I thought I'd show u the one I made - I didn't have the money to buy the high buck one from Kubota. Besides I had fun making it.
I got some 1 inch stainless angle iron, cut it into pieces, tig welded it together to make the frame. Made the flat panels from heavy gauge aluminum sheet metal & attached them to the frame w/ short screws used for metal studs. That way I can access the inside easily. Haven't got all the gauges hooked up yet - waiting for warmer weather.

Attachments

• DSCN3004.JPG
    DSCN3004.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN3003.JPG
    DSCN3003.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 141

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice work PoPo, that looks GREAT. :thumb: :tiphat:
You guys are sure giving me ideas. :D

Were does one find heavy gauge aluminum sheet metal? Do the big box stores carry stuff like that? Obviously I've never looked for it before.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
:starbucks:
Were does one find heavy gauge aluminum sheet metal? Do the big box stores carry stuff like that? Obviously I've never looked for it before.

Doc,
Go to a sign making company. A company who fabricates custom sign
works. Most do.
Tell them what .080 aluminum. And tell them to cut you what ever size
you want.
.080 is the size of what road signs are mostly made of on the interstates.

............. jamie ( two guns )

Attachments

• LSU.jpg
    LSU.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 116

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks PoPo, that sounds like a good source. :thumb:

Good idea on your part to TwoGuns. :tiphat: Awesome Graphic except for those silly letters in the eyes. :bonk: :yum: