3-point hitch questions...

G

Does anyone have the info on the 3-point hitch for the RTV?Is it a standard configuration(i.e. can I use any three point hitch implement on it? I saw a pic posted here with a box-blade so I know they exist, I'm just having trouble finding more info. Can you still use the boxdump feature while having the hitch installed (but obviously no implement). Anyone have the URL for more info? What's the maximum weight the three point hitch can carry? Availability (I'm in Canada)? Cost?</P>

I don't own an RTV (yet) but see a lot of use for one on my 96 acre farm. I board horses and grow hay. Would the RTV be able to pull a 350 lb.8' arena conditioner (blade style with an 8' blade plus 12 tines)? </P>

TIA for the replies.</P>

Cheerio,</P>

DS (saving for a RTV)</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
DS,</P>

Wish I could help on the 3PH stuff but I don't know have any info. I too would like to look at the stuff but will probably stick to using my tractor.</P>

I wouldn't see any problem pulling the arena conditioner.</P>

Brian</P>

G

Thats it, its the dirt works line. I have a pile of their information, the stuff looked pretty good. I'm just not sure there is much of a market for it.

G

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">Thanks Braveheart for the link, that's exactly what I was referring to. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">I see that it only plugs into the receiver. I won't be purchasing it as IMHO the types of loads I would put on it with my intended use would likely damage the frame on the RTV. Pulling an arena conditioner doesn't just put pull-loads on the hitch, if I were to catch a corner on a post or some other immoveable object I think I would put such a side-load on the hitch that something would break. My arena conditioner uses an 8' blade: the side- and twisting–loads can be quite severe. I thought maybe the 3-point hitch bolted to the frame of the RTV, which would have made it stronger - given that it's hitch-only I'm going to pass. <o:p></o:p></FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">Besides, I had a good look at the pics and it looks like a proprietary configuration for the hitch itself, I don’t think it would fit agricultural-standard 3-point hitch implements.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">All that said however I’m still not dissuaded from purchasing the Kubota.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I think it’s the only one on the market that is tough and strong enough to deal with the daily use I’m expecting to give it.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">Thanks everyone for the replies.</FONT></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">DS</SPAN></P>

G

thanks for your through response, thats helpful to everyone. </P>

braveheart

Hi there. </P>

have a look at my website. My company manufactures a 3 point linkage for the John Deere Progator. Itsmounted on 4 pins and is capable of lifting 700kg. Obviously if you lifted this kin of load then your machine would be pointing to the stars, but the rating is for safety. shaun@cuttingedgedistr.com is my email. www.cuttingedgedistr.com is the web address. Based in scotland i'm a wee bit too far away to physically help you but i can send you pictures etc maybe you can come up with one yourself. </P>

i always intended to build one for the RTV but business has been so busy with gator stuff in the UK that i just dont have the time. i do have a 6 spline 540rpm pto drive that may interest you. </P>

</P>

best regards </P>

</P>

Shaun </P>