New Kubota plastic windshield

G

I just got a bunch of the new plastic Kubota windshields. The quality is great, they fit to the ROPS perfect AND they are only marginly more expensive than the generic ones. I'll take some pictures once we have one mounted up - might be awhile.

keybal

Neil:</P>

Since I purchased one of these windshields from you, I figured that I would take some pictures and post them if it works.</P>

keybal

A few notes on these windshields:</P>
<UL>
<LI>They are made by Custis Cab for Kubota (them come in a Curtis box).
<LI>It's hard to see in the photo's, but the "Kubota" logo is stenciled or silkscreened in the bottom center of the windshield.
<LI>They install fairly easily. All of the hardware,which consists of "P" brackets, bolts, rubber grommets and some form of binding nuts is included.
<LI>Any three of the four bolts go in OK. The fourth mounting bolt need to be "talked" to in order to get it in.
<LI>It appears to be a nice, well build unit.</LI>[/list]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a nice setup.
Do I assume correctly there's no issue fitting this windshield with an OEM roof (BTW Keybal, where's your roof?)?

Any pricing info?

keybal

<FONT color=#0000ff>Brian:</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I afraid that the only roof that I have fornow is on the garage. I can't afford all of that Bling-Bling that you have your RTV decked out in.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>As far as this windshield fitting with a an OEM cab or roof, I don't know, but after seeing Neil's set-up on the showroom floor, I kinda doubt it.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>BTW, I showed Mr. Keybal how to drive the RTV and now I think that she is going to take it over like she did with my first JD Lawn Tractor!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I guess that's the price I will have to pay for keeping the RTV in the garage while her car sits outside in the snow!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>VD</FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You can afford anything you want. That's why they keep sending credit card apps in the mail. That's what I did...[:D]

It looks like that windshield may work with the black plastic roof Kubota has. BTW. If you do start adding roof and other higher accessories, keep an eye on your garage door clearance. I can no longer pull mine into the house garage since it's only 6'6". I need to remove the strobe light and lower the antenna to get in the house garage.

That's very dangerous showing the Mrs. how to drive it. Luckily for me, Mrs. Zoom really isn't into it. I think she's driven "most" of my toys once but except for an occasional ATV ride, she wasn't into any others. I still use the excuse of "well, if we have 2 of them, you can join me" but it doesn't work on UTV's as well as it did with ATV's. It was really funny watching her try to drive the ZTR since I have one with a joystick instead of the double controls... I think she got sea-sick in about 30 seconds from spinning/turning it so much.

keybal

<FONT color=#000080>Brian:</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>Already taken off the moulding (actually ripped the vinal flexable part) at the top of the garage with something I had mounted on the top for the 4th of July. I have already checked. I can't put a stock roof on the RTV and get it to fit in the garage. </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>The house and garage were built by the previous owner about 50 years ago. Money must have been tight because he is one course of block low on both structures.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>I'm in the process of adding a pair of 550 Hella halogen lights to the top of the RTV.. It looks like I'll just clear by about 1/2".</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>I guess I'll find out in a about a week or so.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>I don't want to even think of Mrs. Keybal on a ZTR. Goodbye dogs and fence.</FONT></P>

G

My understanding is that it will work fine with the roof's - however I am not sure if it will fit the cabs properly. its not being offered as an option from the factory. It would be nice though for the people who manage to break the glass one. </P>

Thanks for the pictures, I have yet to mount one here myself. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="keybal"]<font color="#000080">I'm in the process of adding a pair of 550 Hella halogen lights to the top of the RTV.. It looks like I'll just clear by about 1/2".</font>[/quote]
May I propose that your initial mounting be somewhat temporary?
I have a bunch of lights across the top of mine as well. If it's anything other than a clear night, they create a glare that's kind of hard to see through. If snowing or fog, you won't be able to see anything. I'm thinking of putting the same lights on but mounting them on the grill guard, right above where the RTV is stamped out.

Tact

Brian, </P>

I was thinking the same thing, but I haven't come up with a type of mount because I want to protect them from brush and limbs. I would want mine recessed a little back from the brush guards. Letus know if you have any idea for this kind of mount or who might could fabricate this type of bracket.I didn't want to mount them on the roof because of all the brush I sometimes go through.</P>

keybal

I was planning to put the lights high since I now have the Blackline plow. I think that the top of the plow is above the top of the grille when it is raised. I will have mount the plow (takes about 5 minutes) and check to see where the best place to mount the lights will be.

T-Bird

[quote user="bczoom"]Thanks for the pics. Looks like a nice setup.
Do I assume correctly there's no issue fitting this windshield with an OEM roof (BTW Keybal, where's your roof?)?

Any pricing info?
[/quote] I never could find the pricing info.(Plastic Windshield), can anyone tell me where it is? Does anyone know if they make aftermarket acc's. for the RTV 900? Any info. would be appreciated.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
T-bird,

Welcome to the forum.
Messick's could probably provide you with pricing on the windshield.

What aftermarket accessories are you looking for?

Brian

T-Bird

Thank you.</P>

I was looking for a glove box that goes under the dash, a heater, windshield, top, doors, & a windshield wiper, & I guess that about covers it. Where I live they want about $2,700.00 for all that stuff. I seen it installed on one at the dealer ship, it looked really nice, but I thought it was priced away too high, so I thought I would try & see if I could find some aftermarket accesories hopefully a lot cheaper.</P>

G

I am at home right now. As I recall, the Kubota plastic windshield is just marginly more expensive than the aftermarket ones. Retail is right about 300-325 if I recall. </P>

The pricing you saw on the accessories is probably standard list price - they are expensive. </P>

T-Bird

[:D]<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #800080" face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Maybe some of those parts will be cheaper this summer, such as the heater, windshield.</FONT>