Discounts on RTV's

G

I am getting ready to buy an RTV after looking at everything on the market. I have noticed in talking to JD, Polaris, Kawasaki dealers that they all indicate their price is negotiable. I have talked to 2 Kubota dealers and I get the definite impression they are selling RTV's for list. Is that consistent with what you guys that have already purchased have found, or is there generally some give in the price?

Thanks.</P>

</P>

TC</P>

Chandler

Make them an offer less than what they are asking but what you would feel comfortable with in case they take you up on it. If they don't accept your offer you can always walk away and later if you decide different you can go back and make them another offer and/or accept theirs.</P>

Chandler

Some dealers who have online websites give the option of letting you pick out the type of RTV and acessories you want and giving you a price quote online. I think Keller Kubota or Carver Kubota does this. You may not live close to their dealerships but you may have other dealers who do this within driving distance. You can do a search online.</P>

G

I am looking to but saturday, low end model quote 8995.00 and camo model 10500.00 in East Texas,

Gary

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Gary

There doesn't seem to be much wiggle room on the RTV's. You may have a better chance by asking the dealer to throw in a couple options instead.

G

I live in upstate New York(Albany area), and here the price is definetly negotiable. If your dealer won't talk go to another. Also, Carver will give you a reasonable quote online. Good luck.

G

Thanks guys for the feedback. I also saw in another thread someone said that 10% off should be doable. Has anyone gotten that kind of pricing?

I am willing to purchase my RTV anywhere in the US because the shipping should about equal the sales tax I won't have to pay. I've bought numerous cars and my tractor this way with very good results.</P>

I'd like to buy local but I'm not willing to pay extra for that priviledge.</P>

Thanks again.</P>

TC</P>

ScenicHill

Although demand has probably kept the prices strong lately, last May, I saved about $800 below my local dealer's price by shopping around. Good luck.</P>