My RTV is stuck in gear too,YAHOO!!

coobie

Well it happened to me also,my 2006 rtv 900 is stuck in reverse.I was plowing snow and it stuck in reverse,thank god I was near the driveway so my dealer could come and get it.They tell me they have a permanent fix.I hope so myRTV is out of warrenty(180 hours).coobie</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you try to fix yourself?

Why didn't you just plow in reverse for the remainder of the day?</p>

Just messing with 'ya. Hope it's fixed quickly.</p>

We're all curious what the permanent fix is. Let us know once you have the info.</p>

Brian</p>

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"]</p>

Did you try to fix yourself?

Why didn't you just plow in reverse for the remainder of the day?</p>

Just messing with 'ya. Hope it's fixed quickly.</p>

We're all curious what the permanent fix is. Let us know once you have the info.</p>

Brian</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

No I did not,I just had major back surgery done in oct.so I have been takeing it easy.I guess the fix according to the dealer is raising the rail so the fork can,t slip out.I will know tomarrow.coobie</p>

coobie

Got theRTV back the next day,they adjusted a cable and built up the rail to keepthe fork from slipping out of postion.coobie</p>

Captain

When you say they "built up the rail" exactly what did they do? My RTV900 is not at home for me to look at just now (still at the hunting camp). Is this a relatively simple procedure that we owners can do in our own shops? Please post a photo if possible. Thanks, Captain</p>

doggman

They must be referring to the shifting fork inside the trans that slides the gears. I'd like to know how they do it, too. Maybe Messicks can weigh in on this. </p>