pressure release valve

zenchal26

I have an 04 900 very hard to get out of gear some times. I have read poet and there is talk about a knob on the dash for pressure release? I don't have this knob, can it be installed?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That is a great question. I will have to check into this. Something else that might help you, if one cannot be installed, is to set your idle down a little more, so that the pressure on the fluid will not be as great ... Some folks say that holding down on the brake pedal for a few seconds helps some. But never myself have tried it. We are running a unit that have the pressure relief control button.... which I think I've never used but only a couple of times. </p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Turning the steering wheel hard to the left or right until you can hear the power steering pump whine for few seconds helps me get out of gear. I have also pumped the floor brake with some success. I have an 05. I have no knob .bordercollie</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
The trick I use when plowing is push the brake hard and hold it on, if you have a hydraulic dump box or plow push the lever to raise or low so that you notice the engine speed decreasing because of the load and then try shifting. Seems to work almost every time and the other is the hotter the transmissionis, as in it has been running for more than 10 minutes, the easier it shifts using this method.</p>

river

Maybe, but I seem to remember the user's manuals discouraging holding the steering wheel, dump lever, or plow controls longer than necessary once the part reaches its limit, so as to not cause premature wear. I do find that pushing hard on the brake helps some, as does giving it a couple seconds. (RTV 1100)</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've found the emergency brake (and a couple second wait) works better than using the pedal.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The manual does say that River. but I only hold it there a couple of seconds and have had no wear problems and am approaching 2489 hrs. I just really have little choice. Here on the farm, I can get in a jam real quick and have to get out of the way , head off a cow or bull chase ,rescue a calf etc..This last Fall, a mama cow tried to ride in the RTV because we were carrying her calf. Ya gotta move when you gotta move Bordercollie</p>