Looking for a diagram of the coast valve, or OEM valve

DocGP

I have owned an RTV for about a year and just found this group last night!! I read enough that I went by my Kubota dealer and bought the ROPS mounted air intake and installed it tonight (thanks!!) and inquired about the coast valve. The dealer said he had never heard of adjusting the original but had installed one of the coast valves. He did ask me where I had gotten my info and would I E'mail it to him. </p>

Anyplace I can actually see how to do this?</p>

Any help greatly appreciated.</p>

This sight is great!

Doc</p>

rgm

DocGP,</p>

/cs/Themes/hawaii/images/user_IsOffline.gif bigdeer2000and jump have dealers that are adjusting the stock valve for them, even on jump's brand new RTV. It sounds like you need to get your dealer in touch with theirs for the details, and then let the rest of us know!!!!</p>

Any thoughts on this from our friends at Messicks?</p>

Rich</p>

andybull

Can someone post a link or the pictures showing where this valve is? I would like to try adjusting mine (2004) before spending money on a new one.</p>

Andy.</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc...........Welcome aboard.................have been wondering this same thing about seeing some pics or actual descriptions of where and how to do this...........Have seen many references about it and a couple of guys actually adjusting, they say, but have never seen details.........</p>

For me, I live and work on some pretty steep hills so not really into changing anything; but if it helped the shifting at all it would be worth learning how to stop and slow this thing down another way...............</p>

It would be a service to post this.............thanks.......Dennis</p>

G

</p>

I bought a coast valve, but never got around to installing it. We've actually never tried it before. I was a bit scared to do it to one of ours because we have so many poeple driving so many differnet units that I'd be affraid that someone would hit somthing because they expect it to stop. That almost happened to me on an RTV500.</p>

rgm

I scanned the directions that came with my coast valve. I tried making them into an Adobe pdf, but it was too large. I'm going to try & upload the 2 pages in seprate posts.</p>

Rich</p>

dudley parkin

</p>

Hello last Sunday I adjusted mine, and all I can say now I love the RTV-900, before it was terrible,Remove the valve , and you will notice a set screw on one end and an adjustment scew on the other, Take a 3/4 " PVC pipe and split it, then place your valve in the pipe halves, Then place in a vise,loosen the set screw[it will be tight], Then adjust your set screw,I loosened mine 2.5 turns, I have heard of folks going to 3.5, Then reinstall but make sure that the valve is clean, Hope this helps, Dudley Parkin</p>

andybull

OK. I have my unit in SC, I live in the FL Keys I will be in SC Saturday and will try to adjust the valve then.</p>

Andy.</p>

</p>

DocGP

Big thank you's all the way around!!!</p>

I am not really mechanically inclined, and this took 20 min to do. Hardest part was breaking loose the plug!!</p>

There is still significant engine braking, but it is much smoother. This is exactly what I was looking for.</p>

Thanks again.</p>

Doc</p>

andybull

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 3 turns and it rides like.........................WHATA DIFFERENCE. Save the money adjust the valve.</p>

</p>

Andy.</p>

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations............Not really concerned with the engine braking as I am on hillsides most often and USE it. What I wonder a lot about is, DO YOU NOTICE a difference in shifting? How about in and out of 4 wheel?.......thanks.....Dennis</p>

andybull

The engine still brakes a bit. As far as shifting and 4 wheel drive, it feels smoother (it could be all in my head though ;-).</p>