RTV 'S Hard at Work

BULLDOG

This mornings snow and ice in the northeast put the rtv's to work. Here are some pictures from this mornings mess.</p>

G

</p>

great pictures! Is that yours with the curtis spreader? Almost looks worthy of a highway department. </p>

BULLDOG

Yes they both are, funny you say that I own a snowplow company that plows for two local highway departments.</p>

jump

Bulldog, </p>

I just got my Kubota and one of my plans was to start snow plowing for income. How much do you charge? How do you work the clients in terms of contracts? Is it a one time deal or do you have pre season pricing to plow someone for the entire season?</p>

I'm in the NW so I don't think we'll be competing!</p>

jump</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i would be scared to drive that silver rtv on a snowy highway . the orange one is ok but that silver one is screaming hit me i am camoflaged. the rtv's make perfect raod crew work horses but i think they should all be the orange color for safety reasons just look at the two in the picture and see .</p>

BULLDOG

jump,</p>

I don't contract my RTV's out, we only use them for personal use on our farm. The only contracted plowing we do is with our dump trucks that are on withlocal municipalities. Sorry I can't be of more help.</p>

</p>

BULLDOG

</p>

Good point about the silver...</p>

I agree the silver one is not safe for traffic and does tend to get lost in a storm. We haveinstalled strobe light packages on both of our units and the sander is on the orangeunitbecause of safety reasons.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
man i bet a guy with a nice setup bota could make some money if he lived in a small town . he could plow the roads and get paid for it that bota could pay for itself real fast. and just think a nice 1100 with heated cab and a stereo !!man you would be in hog heavin. or even a nice size neigbor hood could all get together and pay you to keep their driveways and the street clear. </p>

one day i'll have me a bota !!!itsa comin !!</p>

jump

Well, I have my 'bota all decked out and ready to work. I've had it now for about three weeks and it is a phenomenal machine. I ordered the 900 with a Curtis plow, windshield, soft doors, heater, top and rear window. I added on fog lights, fliashing beacon, and rear fog lights. I them made the mistake of assuming the windshield came with wipers, so back to the dealer for another order. Picked up the overhead console with CD player on ebay. </p>

Everything is wired up and ready to plow. Of course, 72 inches of snow in Eastern Washington over the holiday was what led to the Kubota purchase and it hasn't snowed since. I dreaded having to go out and push snow on my ATV, now I'm praying to the snowGods for a couple of feet. </p>

Otherwise, this thing is a monster. I can't believe all the torque in the engine and the power this thing has. Definitely not a speed demon, but I'm not sure how much faster I would want to go anyway. I was going down a hill and figured I was up to about 30-35. Felt a littlesquirrely, so webacked off. I got it stuck once and just stepped on the diff. lock. Backed right out. Amazing machine. </p>

I put aSMVemblem on the back so I don't have trouble with the law. We live in a community of about 350 homesin a 5 mile area. I would like to be able todo some snowplowing next year for money. With the CD player heater, and all the lights, I think I could be in there for hours and be happy. Keep a littlecoffee in the cup holder and I'll be plowing all day long!</p>

Thanks for the forum guys! I was real happy to find this place when I was shopping around. </p>

</p>