Trip spring length Kubota/Curtis snowplow

logfarmer

Hi again,</p>

When I took delivery of my new plow I noticed theadjustmentfor the trip springs was about half used up with very little tension on the spring. Afterusingit now for about a month it has been tightened two times and there is now only about 3/8 of and inch left on the threads and this with the spring barely tight. This does not seem normal it is not like my old Meyers snow plow, its a 70's vintage and still has half the adjustment left on its J bolts It. The spring measure about 10 1/4 inch fullycollapsedthe way it looks they should have been about 9 inches long as there is 2 full inches of threads used up already. </p>

What do you think. I havecontactedthe dealer who said he had never heard that problem before so I just sent an email with pictures to him.</p>

Martin</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
My plow was bought this summer and has eye bolts for tension adjustment. Not sure where you got the hooks you have but they look totally wrong for this application.</p>

Look at this msg for a picture of the originals. http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/t/3537.aspx?PageIndex=3</p>

</p>

rgm

Martin,</p>

Mine's like Brian's. The eye bolt is holding the top of the spring 2" from the plow. Also, where you have a rag laying in the right'pocket' to soak up water, I drilled a hole to let it drain out.</p>

Rich</p>

logfarmer

</p>

Thanks for the info and pictures. The J bolts are how it came installed from the dealer maybe they lost the eye bolts. I'll check with them.</p>

Martin</p>

logfarmer

Well I sent the dealer a copy of your plow picture Brian and he is going to look at it and see what he thinks. He said they probably used what was sent with the kit but he will check with the mechanic who installed it.</p>

Also did you all get any kind of owners manual with yours I did not and the dealer cant seem to find one.</p>

Martin</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Yes I received an owners/installation manual for the plow and another for the angle kit. Everything I've put on RTV900G was put there by myself and friends, so I did get the instructions with each accessory.</p>

DaryleD

I'm thinking that you should talk to the Curtis company, email them the pics, and see if they send the "J" bolts, or if they were substituted for the propper ones at the dealership.One of them should send you the propper eye type bolts.Good luck.</p>