torgue and power RTV 900

Rodeking

I had a 2004 RTV 900. Ithad a bad tranny and it slipped from day one. From a full stop, give it full throttle, rpm's go to full and machine gradually would gain speed to about 26 mph on level hard road. now have a new rtv 900, 30 hours, and it will barely run 20 mph on same road. Can theinjector pump be turned up for more rpm's and or more fuel??</p>

ne-sd

My 900 runs at 26mph (GPS), but is very sensetive to load or hills. I have a couple of times had the parking brake at the first click and could not figure out the loss of HP. I also carry about 750 lbs of sparayer and water and this effects the speed. It seems that the tourge at full throttle is going down and if you let up on the throttle a liitle bit it will maintain better speed. I often use my throttle lock to maintain rpms just below the max when I am climbing hills or when loaded. If my unit was new I would have my dealer take a look to determine why you can't get at least 25 mph. Another item that bothers rpm is the spark arrestor. Some of the guys have removed same - I clean mine about evry 20 hours. Jerry</p>

People on this site have reported that the RTV900 is sensitive to the type of hydraulic fluid. Try checking into that first. How are you measuring speed? This is not a fast vehicle, but try to measure speed with a handheld GPS.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Tinker,</p>

You are VERY right, the RTV is very sensitive to the Fluids. And also the filters .... I know of several folks that tried to save a couple of bucks on cheaper fluids and filters. And paid dearly for it.... </p>

I'll say it again, ifanyone can afford the RTV, you can afford the OEM filter and Super UDT tranny fluid for these machines. Anything else is a damn joke, and will not let the machine be all it can be. Kubota built these machines to tight specs, and their filters and fluid should be the only thing used in them. </p>

The RTV is not a speed wagon, it was designed to be a working machine, and that's what it is, a workhorse. 23-26 MPH is just about tops for the RTV 900.... The more you run a RTV, the better performance one gets. Keeping the fuel, oil, tranny filters clean and serviced. The top performance will be there. I , like several others, noticed when the high rise intake was installed, not only will it save one money in filters, and save engine life, but will also give the machine a little more " pep " !!!!</p>

~~~~~~~~~~~ jamie </p>