RTV Back Home

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
RTV Back Home

The " Iron Boar " finally got to come home!!! Been stayingout on the farm without coming innow since I think somewhere in the beginning of October 2008 >>>>>The only thing orange on that machine was when you raised the hood, you could see the bottom side of it..... Brought it into town to the courthouse, and already had the convicts lined up and ready to give the machine a super good cleaning and waxing !!!!! Went this evening at 4:30 pm to pick it up, and WOW, them boys sure look like they went to my dealer and picked me up another unit ..... Looks super again..... </p>

After each hunt, I would go behind the barns and wash off as much as possible, always washing the blood out of the back of the machine ..... Then going to the barn and getting it out of the " weather " ( like it wasn't gettin' exposed toany anyway ) >>> Setting out the mice traps around and under the hood, in the cab, under the bed , in the windshield and up top, where the GoLight and other controls are set up....Didn't want any mice or rats eating up any wires on this thing..... It don't take much, and a barn mice, can sure total out a machine and making it short out !!!!! They make all kinds of mice repellant, bags , dummy cats, dummy barn owls, etc,. etc,. >>>> but the best thing guaranteed, is the run of the mill, Victor mouse traps, and they have a new electronic rat trap, that kills them like our prisons do down here !!!!</p>

But, the machine is back home, now can take the wife riding on the levee by the Mississippi River, and ride without fighting mud and blood when we come in !!!!!</p>

~~~~~~~~~~~ jamie </p>

Mannie

Re: RTV Back Home

Jamie, your not kidding about the prisoners washing it are you? I wish we had that service up here. How much do you pay?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

[quote user="Mannie"]</p>

Jamie, your not kidding about the prisoners washing it are you? I wish we had that service up here. How much do you pay?</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Mannie,</p>

Not kidding at all ~~~~ They also clean our personal trucks and cars , cost, well, it goes like this ..... the convicts are not allowed to have money on their person for reason will cause trouble in the system. Just like in the real world. But, you can go in the back of the courthouse, and there is a deputy that puts their money in their seperateaccounts, which runs about two dollars for a car or truck, few dollars more for a wax..... Now, there will be several convicts washing a car ( or truck ) at a time, so that is about $1.00 per person, per car >>>>> </p>

Cost of the RTV, being it was so damn muddy and they done a superior job on the wash and wax, I donated fifty dollars, that was split intofive men that worked their ass off on this machine. $10.00went into their seperate accounts. There was not a single " SPECK "of dust, mud, water , I mean nothing on this machine when I picked it up. Swear it looked show room floor new. The convicts use that money they earn, and money their familys put in their accounts, to buy special things like cigarettes, pen and paper, cards, etc, special things they are allowed to have.</p>

They also make many other things like beautiful belt buckles with deer, turkey and ducks on them. Make outside funiture, they have welding shops, we own BBQ pits that they have built.... the list can go on and on .... </p>

The Sheriff here, let the trustees have what they call " CONVICT COOKOUTS" , which the prisoners, during the hunting months , all get up and have a big blow out of a cookin', !!!! They make me all kinds of things, for I bring the meat to them, during the hunting months, I bring them whole deer and hogs, which they don't have to figure out where to get the meat from. And let me tell you, them boys can cook !!! They show there appreciation by making us all kinds of goodies.... You would not believe what some of them prisoners can do, if they would just have used all that talent before getting locked up, they would be millionaires >>>></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Now that I have a little more time to write, I can add this . Maybe to some, this might sound like a gravy train, NO SIR, it is not... The prisoners that get to do chores like washing, welding, manufacture items , are on the work release program. These are people who has served pretty well much of there time, great behavior, nobars towardthem. They have showed society that they have paid for their wrong doings. They get to join this work release program ( after a strict application process ) and everybody comes out a winner. Society can hire several work release men to work in their shops, farms, construction sites, etc ....., but, they cannot work in the retail stores like Wal-mart, hardware stores, grocery stores, things like that .... The " employer ", has to have workmans comp insurance, and wages are something in the area of $10.00 per hour, ( give or take ) with the prisoner getting minimum wages. The other goes toward the feeding / housing / clothes / food for the prisoners in work release. Work Release is in a seperate area that the regular prison that is 9 miles away. We have never had anybody so called escape work release since this is been started in 1993 ... Work Release is a self support program here. The trustees cut all the grass in the parish, clean all the ditches, pick up the paper on the side of the roads. You would not believe how much this saves the state and parish, which saves all us money in the long run.....</p>

The prison has it's own automobile paint shop, maintance shop, engine shop that belongs to the parish. Only sheriff's units, police units, and things of law enforcement can be worked on in these shops ... Save big $$$ on repair bills and maintance bills Also, the big tractors and farm equipment that is being used in the prison, is maintained in these shops. The prisoners raise much food for themselves on prison grounds.</p>

The prisoners that are in the prison system itself, well, put it like this >>>>> they don't just sit around and watch TV and play cards here, THEY WORK THEIR ASS OFF !!!! Until they get to the point of applying for work release, or becoming a trustee of good terms, LIFE IS HELL FOR THEM FOLKS, PERIOD !!!!</p>

Here like everywhere in the world, we have young boys that break a few windows, smart off to grown ups, and do little bad boy things. They have a program here also, where they take younger folks into the prison and show them what is in store for them if they keep up that crap..... You would be surpised how it gets their attention..... I know of one young man, 16 years old, cried when he got outside of the gates. Swearing and praying that he would never run away from home again and put his parents threw what they went threw for two days !!!!! Best young man in the state Now !!!!</p>

</p>

</p>