New tires for Ol'Granny

Archdean

Some of you may remember her from 1940. She is ecstatic with her NEW sneakers and runs with the style and grace of a champion! Not bad for a 70 year old, wish I could keep up with her enthusiasm since we are the same age!

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 138

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Really nice Granny!! I Hope we all age as gracefully as you. And those are great sneakers alright. You don't look a day over 29!! Bordercollie

Klumpe

Looking good, I like the hook hanging off of the front...it could come in handy at times. That isn't stock is it?

Archdean

Looking good, I like the hook hanging off of the front...it could come in handy at times. That isn't stock is it?

Granny being a typical lady is a bit fussy getting started needless to say if you don't do the Kabuki dance with skill and finesse she says NO! NO! NO! NOT now I have a carburetor headache.
Hence the homemade HOOK!! She always starts as soon as you pop the clutch. Just to prove she is a female.....:wink:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Just like a woman!!!! :yum:

Very nice dean. Those new sneakers set her off for sure. You oughta let her have some fun riding her in a parade or two. :thumb: :D

Klumpe

Ahh, I see...typical. Just don't let my wife know I said that, heh heh. Your tractor looks really clean, I can only hope that mine will be in showroom condition or as close to showroom condition while still being used when I finally finish cleaning her up

If you can't tell I am a big Farmall/IH fan. The only tractors I have ever driven have all been Farmall/IH. The first starting with a Farmall H, the ignition on it was changed at some point in its life so when I went to start my grandad's H the first time everything was completely different since his had the foot pedal start. Both of them started everyday of the year with no hesitation. My Dad's 560 and my 806 definately like their blocks to be warmed up and with an extra shot of battery juice or eather to get them turning over.

Archdean

Klumpe, you might like this "H" owned by my brother in NY, we both grew up with Farmall's on the old farm so we never were able to forget about our childhood.

Attachments

• Windmill Project 037 (Small).jpg
    Windmill Project 037 (Small).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 90

shvl73

Archdean, that is a beautiful tractor! I've never seen one with the dual seats. What is the history behind that?

Archdean

Archdean, that is a beautiful tractor! I've never seen one with the dual seats. What is the history behind that?

Thanks for the compliment now for the seat story, the difference between the A and the B is two fold the A's left axle housing is significantly shorter than the right one and is direct to the wheel whereas the B has both axels housings the same length as the right one on the A (actually they are identical just turned and bolted on the other side) and the B has a chain drive from the main axel downward to the wheel housing for additional height needed for cultivating crops!

G/f likes to ride with me so I thought why not get an "A" floor pan, two extra seat brackets and a seat pan all from parted out A's from Ebay and wa-la the worlds first Two seat Farmal B was born!!

Just proves good ideas come from man's willingness to please women!!:rolleyes:

shvl73

Excellent! So you can tell people that it is extremely rare and believe it was the only example made and be completely honest!

Archdean

Excellent! So you can tell people that it is extremely rare and believe it was the only example made and be completely honest!

I did this a few years ago and to the best of my knowledge it was the first in the world, it has been posted on several boards and some have told me they might do it also but to this date I haven't seen nor heard of one!

Archdean

Some of you may remember her from 1940. She is ecstatic with her NEW sneakers and runs with the style and grace of a champion! Not bad for a 70 year old, wish I could keep up with her enthusiasm since we are the same age!

Well Granny has won and I am now unable to keep up with Her, if any one is interested in being her new owner please contact me by E-mail or private msg for details.

Last edited: