Where to wire in a radio

Loyalpoke

I am installing a radio. Where should I connect for power?
There is a red wire w purple stripe coming out of the conduit bundle where all the wiring goes into the gauge cluster. From the factory that wire with a connection terminal, was taped to the outside of the conduit. It looks like it was intended for some accessory or additional electrical component. I hope it will work for the radio power. Any ideas?

foxalaska

I installed a radio in mine last summer. Don't remember the wire colors. Most newer radios need a constant hot feed and a switched one. Both are available in the harness. I believe Kubota has plug and play adaptors, but I wired in my radio with the plug supplied by the radio manufacture. The speakers are complete crap. I'm going to replace them this summer or install auxiliary ones above the back window. Either way the head liner needs to be removed. If I had it to do over again, I would have done it that way from the git-go.

I may have jumped the gun-do you have a 1100c?

Loyalpoke

It worked out as I hoped it would. FoxAlaska, there actually is a plug and I was able to use it to plug in the live wire directly from the battery. Thanks for the advice. The red/green wire is the ignition switched wire. My radio is required to have both. After using it for a day, I think i will wire in the ignition wire from the radio straight into the battery too. The RTV doesn't have an accessory switch on the key, only OFF, ON, GLOW PLUG and START. I'll use the radio a lot without the machine running. With the key switch ON without the engine running I hear a continually clicking from around the gauges. Also, the radio resets volume and bluetooth every time I turn off the key.