John Deere TLB 110 Tierod ends breaking

bcslsman

Does anyone know anything about a tierod problem with the TLB 110? I've had 7 snap on me in the last 4 years, and need help BADLY. Thanks!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Wished I could help but I haven't heard of a tierod end problem with that model. Any chance something is not aligned properly?

Jim

quincy

Welcome! :tiphat:

Seven tierods snapping in 4 years?? You dont happen to be bumping into trees all the time by any chance?? :wink: just kiddin wit ya..

Have you spoken to your local dealer about this? That is a significant fail rate for one vehicle. Do you use it in rough terrain? turn a lot of tight corners?

Sorry I cant help. Just wanted to welcome ya!!

bcslsman

Thanks for your replys, but I need serious help. It's not being abused, nor is it being operated incorrectly. John Deere denies there is a problem, but I suspect otherwise...

Mith

Welcome to the site.

Please post a picture of one of the broken ones, closeups if possible. A picture of how it mounts would be handy.
You say it snaps, you would expect it to bend really. Is it the rod, or the rod ends that are breaking?

Deere are quite good at stepping up to the plate when there is a problem.
Are you installing the new rods or is the dealer doing it? If something is bent or binding that would cause repeated breakage

Does anyone know anything about a tierod problem with the TLB 110? I've had 7 snap on me in the last 4 years, and need help BADLY. Thanks!

Is it always the same side?

When you operate the backhoe...do you operate it in tripod mode?

Are you overturning?

Finally are you replacing these with John Deere parts?

I would make sure I was taking photos if I planned legal activity...:rolleyes: