Mahindra/Bradco 511 backhoe

Bindian

My backhoe's hydraulics went dead this evening. I was packing the dirt back at the dam over a water trough supply line. With the backhoe's bucket, I would lift off of the stabilizers and wiggle the boom a little to pack in the clay better. I guess I over did it, as my hydraulics went dead with my front tires in my driveway and the back tires on the dam back slope. I had to crack the stabilzer's lines and jack them up and strapped them up. Then I hung a come along from the ROPS to the dipper stick pivot and cranked the boom up to lock it in the up position, after cracking the boom actuator's lines at the control valve. By then it was 9 p.m. and I still had to fill the rest of the ditch and pack it with the tires. Could the system relief valve stuck in the
open(?) position. My loader is working fine. I have the backhoe running off of the tractor's remotes. Here is a photo of me digging the ditch.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 3-7-09 Installing water trough supply pipe.jpg
    3-7-09 Installing water trough supply pipe.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 41

Bindian

I was going to swap remotes this morning. I just did. Last night I just wanted to get the hoe stowed with chains, cables, and straps, to finish backfilling the dam and packing it down somewhat, because we were forecast for major showers. I didn't think of swapping remotes until in bed early this morning. The backhoe works again. I don't see anything on the remote that indicates (like on an aircraft) that the relief valve(s) have popped. Do the remotes have a relief valve? I am still under warranty. But the good news is I can put it all back together, wire the second remote handle in the open (fwd) position and use the backhoe.
hugs, Brandi

Mith

Are the 2 remotes both plumbed from the same valve block? Its possible that the remove valve does have a relief, but both spools will share the same relief valve, so if one spool works and one doesn't then it isn't the relief or they both wouldn't work.

Is your backhoe connected with quick connectors? Is it possible that one of them managed to pop out a shade.
On my backhoe occasionally one of the QCs jumps out a little bit, you have to inspect it quite hard to see, but reconnecting the lines gets it working again.
Did the engine load up when the backhoe stopped working?

Bindian

Are the 2 remotes both plumbed from the same valve block? Its possible that the remove valve does have a relief, but both spools will share the same relief valve, so if one spool works and one doesn't then it isn't the relief or they both wouldn't work.

Is your backhoe connected with quick connectors? Is it possible that one of them managed to pop out a shade.
On my backhoe occasionally one of the QCs jumps out a little bit, you have to inspect it quite hard to see, but reconnecting the lines gets it working again.
Did the engine load up when the backhoe stopped working?
Mith,
My QC could have popped out enough to close the opening and still stayed connected. I swapped the remote connection back to the oridginal one and it works now. But what threw my thinking off last night was that I had some seekage (small leak) from two circuit relief vavles. What makes it stranger was that the boom froze solid in place and the dipper stick still retracted a few feet.
But all is back to normal now.
hugs, Brandi

rback33

My first thought was the QC connection too. When you swapped the line, you fixed it. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling.