"Spare Parts"

Bindian

I found a set screw on my forward magnetic plug when I was changing transmission fluid.
eek.gif
I am thinking this was dropped during installation and another one installed.
confused.gif
The service manager where I bought the 6520 (he has opened his own shop now) thinks it goes on a shifter indent. He said he wasn't surprised. So I guess this kind of thing has happened before. Since I don't have any shifting problems, I think this is an "extra" setscrew. I sure hope it is.
rolleyes.gif
My hour meter is at 497.5 hours. Also, my rear axle fluid is suppose to be separate from transmission fluid. I suppose to have a drain plug on each side and add fluid after removing the left and right axle breathers. The problem is ...........there are no plugs where the ops manual photo shows them.
eek.gif
I also seem to be missing the second from the front plug also
eek.gif
, which is not a bad thing, except no magnet. It is like these three plugs were never drilled and tapped. The flat spot is there for them, but just flat surface. So now I will have suck the fluid out to change it.
mad.gif
The ex service manager also said to drop a magnet in to see if any metal is there.
wink.gif
The problem with that is there is 3 inch diameter or so axle blocking the magnet's access.
frown.gif
I will present this all to Tomball and my dealer on Monday.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 10-17-09 Setscrew from transmission magnetic plug.jpg
    10-17-09 Setscrew from transmission magnetic plug.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 10-17-09 Setscrew from transmission magnetic plug side view.jpg
    10-17-09 Setscrew from transmission magnetic plug side view.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56

urednecku

Gotta love those mysterious extra parts!
Last night I found a dent in the floor pan under/behind the seat...big enough the paint's flaking. Where it's at, there's no way anything got it after assembly.

Good luck with the fluid change.

Bindian

Gotta love those mysterious extra parts!
Last night I found a dent in the floor pan under/behind the seat...big enough the paint's flaking. Where it's at, there's no way anything got it after assembly.

Good luck with the fluid change.
Urednecku,
I think I would love your unidenificed dent better than the setscrew! How is live treating you and yours?
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

I told Top Flight about my extra set screw this morning. They documented it in the computer and gave me a print out on it. Now if something goes wrong and the shifter is to blame, I will have something to fall back on.
hugs, Brandi

urednecku

Urednecku,
I think I would love your unidenificed dent better than the setscrew! How is live treating you and yours?
hugs, Brandi
Yer right about the dent, BIndian, I'll take the dent.! Good luck on it being an 'extra'.
Me and mine are still hangin' in there, thanks!!. Hope you are doing fine, too.