Local Filter Availability

Ductape

I'm looking to pick up spin on oil and hydralic filters for my YM186D. Is there a source for filter part #s that i could buy at NAPA, or perhaps WIX or another major manufacturers filters i can pick up locally so i do not have to have them shipped from across the country?

If anyone has the filter numbers for me i'd greatly appreciate it !

Eddie

I bought a NAPA spin on hydraulic filter for my 2020. It starved the pump and mad it squeal. Got the replacement filter from Fredricks and solved the problem. Guess the NAPA was too restrictive.

Mark777

Eddie is correct. The hydraulic filters manufactured by Wix and for NAPA Gold are too restrective as the pleated materials are of a smaller micron design then original Yanmar filters.

YM186D
WIX:
Fuel filter 33263
Oil……...…51568

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mark, do you have a list of more Yanmar applications that can use Wix filters?

Mark777

I use this Wix "Filter Lookup" and have for a few years now. They list just about all of the domestic brands...and they also have the Yanmar engine number reference filter lookup at this same link:

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

It's pretty good as you can also cross reference filter numbers into Wix numbers.

Select 1- Off-Highway Equipment
Select 2- YANMAR
Select 3- Tractors
Select 4- Model number (I.E. YM240) Or engine number of your tractor

Mark777

BTW, Welcome Eddie, nice to see you over here. I immediately recognized your name but hadn't noticed that was your first post!

Mark

shinnlinger

Hi,

I was just in my local carquest a few weeks ago and on a whim asked if they could filterize my Kubota, and lo and behold they had every filter ON THE SHELF except the hydraulic one which they said they can't get. Mind you this is a podunk carquest and Kubotas aren't exactly common in these parts so I was pretty surprised and impressed.

THese were all carquest brand filters and they had a book right there, I didn't bring in any #'s to reference or anything. THey did give me the wrong air filter, but when I brought it back they had the right one, for 5 bucks more of course, but still alot cheaper and easier than me going to the "local" kubota place (40 minutes away)

Ductape

What do you guys recommend as far as hydraulic filters go? My tractor currently has a CAPA 140V on it. I've changed the hydraulic oil in the past, but i was lazy and didn't change the filter. :bash: I know..... i know !

I was hoping to find something locally, but if i need to order one from someone who specializes in Yannies...... well, i guess thats what i'll do.

Mark777

Ductape,

I ran your numbers but couldn't find any cross for CAPA 140V. I also checked the parts books I have and it shows the spin on filter for YM186D, but does NOT show a number for it (sorry).

I'd bet if you take the filter in and have them match up length, width and thread size...it's probably going to be readily available as the design is probably SAE.

Mark

Ductape

Mark, I appreciate the effort. Perhaps what i should do is purchase an oil filter locally, and have a hydraulic filter shipped from a Yanmar dealer.

lens12

I have the Yanmar hydraulic filters in stock. I don't recommend using a will fit filter on hydraulic systems. I've had a couple customers that tried that & starved their hydraulic pump. An OEM filter is a lot cheaper than a new pump.

Kathy

thank you

:wink::respect:
I use this Wix "Filter Lookup" and have for a few years now. They list just about all of the domestic brands...and they also have the Yanmar engine number reference filter lookup at this same link:

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

It's pretty good as you can also cross reference filter numbers into Wix numbers.

Select 1- Off-Highway Equipment
Select 2- YANMAR
Select 3- Tractors
Select 4- Model number (I.E. YM240) Or engine number of your tractor