RTV shifting

hondajoe

Seems many have problems and some don't.You must make sure your plunger is getting pushed enough almost zero clearance at plunger sitting there.Also you must make sure your unit finds zero in gear . Jack it up and put it in gear and grab rack at engine wheels should not spin wide open.If tires turn it needs adjustment forward or reverse.If your tires turn during this test your plunger adjustment will never work to much oil for it to relief = stuck shifter.Mine shifted bad now like butter. Good luck not much dealer support.JOE

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Seems many have problems and some don't.You must make sure your plunger is getting pushed enough almost zero clearance at plunger sitting there.Also you must make sure your unit finds zero in gear . Jack it up and put it in gear and grab rack at engine wheels should not spin wide open.If tires turn it needs adjustment forward or reverse.If your tires turn during this test your plunger adjustment will never work to much oil for it to relief = stuck shifter.Mine shifted bad now like butter. Good luck not much dealer support.JOE

Your saying its possible the rtv is trying to creep while your sitting still putting pressure on hydro not allowing you to get it out of gear or smooth shift? This would make sense if shifting is difficult sitting on flat and level ground. The problem I am having is when on a slope or pushed into something using the plow for example. essentially the same thing.
On the newer RTV pressing the brake is supposed to alleviate that however I have had no luck, Ive had it bound, mashed the brake, held the brake and nothing still wouldn't shift. Turning the steering wheel all the way to one side releases it.
It seems to be getting better with time and should be smooth by summer!

ovrszd

I'm disappointed in Kubota over this issue. Should have been addressed and overcome rather than trying minimal modifications to alter it. All with dismal results.

I wish my RTV had simple fwd/reverse pedals and a hand throttle like the tractors.

If I were engineering the transmission on the 1100c, I would not want it released with it working as poorly as it does on my unit. However, my unit has a turbocharger and increased transmission oil pressure that may make it more difficult to shift. I would rate it not ready for prime time.

ovrszd

If I were engineering the transmission on the 1100c, I would not want it released with it working as poorly as it does on my unit. However, my unit has a turbocharger and increased transmission oil pressure that may make it more difficult to shift. I would rate it not ready for prime time.

Yeah, that's my point. Kubota is 13 years into production of the RTV and still has the same problem??? :(