Tires and Wheels

DEK

I read your other post. So when you got the tires and wheels you also had spacers installed? I assume that was done to help with the no rub issue. How wide were the spacers? You increased wheel and tire by 2" each, nut measure shows you only gained 2" clearance total. Own would think clearance would be closer to 4" increase. Hmm?

VA1100

DEK, I did not need spacers with those wheels the offset and backspace took care of that, there was a lug kit that came with the wheels to convert them all to studs. The 2" is correct for the clearance gain, because the tire dimension is the diameter. The worksite tire is a 25", but measured closer to 24", the difference in the radius gave the 2" clearance difference.
Thanks,
Pete

DEK

I was adding the 2" gain from the rim diameter (12" to 14") to the 2" gained going from 25 to 27 and that's how I got 4" total. So even though the rim size increased, the outer height of the tire is still 27", basically a 2" clearance gain. Your tire the sidewall is shorter than a 27x11-12. I probably made it confusing, but I think I get it. Anyhow, I really like the looks of your tires and wheels.

DEK

VA1100, It looks like you have a nice rack on the front for carrying chainsaw, tools, etc when the dump bed is full of wood. The RTV really handles a load well. It sits pretty well balanced with the load. Your photo is a good example of the work horse capability of the Kubota RTV.

VA1100

DEK, I modified a receiver hitch rack to fit on the front. I keep a couple of toolboxes with chains, straps, and tools as well as the saw, gas and oil, and a small cooler. It keeps the back open for hauling wood.
Thanks,
Pete

DEK

Sure, why not! Make use of every available accessory and space with a little ingenuity and mechanical craftsmanship. And one of the good things about what you did is that you can remove that rack when it isn't needed. Keeps from cluttering the cab also. Good job!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know about the newer RTV's but for my old one, they make a rack that fits over the hood.

My plan B was to buy a trailer tool box and using the receiver (and/or clamping it to the grill guard), mount a tool box off the front.

www.ringohill.com-RH798-32.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0672.jpg
    CIMG0672.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 66