Absolutely Love My New Kubota RTV X900

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Carpy;

You might also do some research on a "hi rise air filter" system. It's purpose is to relocate the air filter higher to keep it out of the heavy dust. Much better for the engine and you don't need to change the filter as often. Kubota sells a retro kit and some folks here have made their own version. Just do a 'search' here on the Forum and you will find all sorts of related posts.

Carpy

Got the new skins on today. Glad I didn't try to fool myself in to the 27's. the 26's barely clear the frame rail on full turns. Love the look of the machine even more now!!

Attachments

• IMG_2681.jpg
    IMG_2681.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 161

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's a great looking machine alright, tires give that extra height. Well done. :) collie

Carpy

Johnny Gunz: I did. Ill be adding the metal doors and back window, so im gonna add the heavy front suspension as well. It really should have been done when I put the Boss V-plow on.

Carpy

Ohio Pawpaw Grower: I would assume that it stiffens the ride a little, but it sure hasnt been all that noticeable to me. After owning 3 different Rangers and a Mule over the last 15 years, i am in absolute love with this machine. It is NOT by any means designed to be a speedy trail riding machine, but it is the most bad ass workhorse that i have ever seen! I cannot wait until i get it setup the way that i want it.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Regarding front suspension: When I ordered my X900 I requested the heavy duty front suspension option knowing that I would be adding a plow. I later received a call from the dealership saying that the X series are made with the heavy duty springs. I received the machine as stock. I later questioned the suspension and decided to order the HD springs from EBay. I then went to put them on and found that the dealership was correct. The HD springs I purchased are exactly like the springs on the machine! I agree with Carpy's comment about the workhorse the the RTV's are. After having a Ranger for a couple of years, I can not say enough about how much I love the RTV.

Carpy

BiffNH: I am not doubting your experience with the heavy duty front suspension, but I can tell you that my dealer recommended almost immediately for me to upgrade to the heavy duty front suspension on my 2016 X-900. I looked up the accessory information in the Kubota X series brochure and it lists the heavy duty front suspension as an accessory that can be added. Im thinking that some of the X-series with cabs come with the heavy duty suspension, but not all X-series. Im 99% sure my X-900 does not have the heavy duty suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 124

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
There really seems to be some confusion regarding this. Perhaps most of the confusion is with my dealer! When I "built" my machine I included the $99 upgrade to the front suspension, but the dealer called and said that the newer X900 machines come with the same heavy duty front suspension that the X1100 series comes with and I didn't need the upgrade. I took his word for it. Then when I put the Boss V-Plow on I questioned the decision and ordered the heavy duty springs I had originally asked to be put on. Turns out the springs I ordered are the same as the ones on it! Now I am really confused!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can someone confirm something that may help?
As I recall, there's a colored sticker or something on the strut which denotes which version it is. Anyone notice this? If so, which do you have and what color is the sticker?

seery

Got the new skins on today. Glad I didn't try to fool myself in to the 27's. the 26's barely clear the frame rail on full turns. Love the look of the machine even more now!!

That's a GREAT looking machine!

Thanks for the pics. Enjoy and be safe.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
There really seems to be some confusion regarding this. Perhaps most of the confusion is with my dealer! When I "built" my machine I included the $99 upgrade to the front suspension, but the dealer called and said that the newer X900 machines come with the same heavy duty front suspension that the X1100 series comes with and I didn't need the upgrade. I took his word for it. Then when I put the Boss V-Plow on I questioned the decision and ordered the heavy duty springs I had originally asked to be put on. Turns out the springs I ordered are the same as the ones on it! Now I am really confused!!

Got to the bottom of it! My machine did come with the heavy duty springs - the literature at the time listed this as a $99 upgrade, but the literature was behind the times. Since then they added a heavier duty front end package that is a full strut package at $277. This was not available to me at the time I ordered my machine. I've got my struts cranked all the way up and they are doing fine, so I will just leave it like this.

Carpy

Bczoom: that's what i was thinking, so i checked the x1120 brochure. It says, the new x1120 has better breath ability with the air filter "high and under the hood". Im guessing your assumption is correct. I Googled "x1120 high rise intake" and checked EBay and came up with nothing. I would have to say that as of right now, there is no such kit available.