Tires and Wheels

DEK

This is a great discussion forum! Lots of info and great advice. So, I guess I'm looking for both.

I have a 2013 RTV X1120D and I am thinking about getting another set of wheels and tires. I presently have the polished wheels with the rtv tires. For replacement wheels I think I'd like to stay with the 12x8 with 4/110, and I'd like to have all polished or polished with some matte black. I'd like to keep price <$100. I'd like to get tires that are not too aggressive that are 6, 8, or 10 ply. I like the looks of the Kenati Mongrel, Maxxis Ceros, and the OEM Mag 350 off road would be okay too. I want something with a good load rating and would prefer radial, which would eliminate the Mag 350. But I don't want to discard them because they're not radial. To all of that I'm not sure what would be the best size. I'd like to get 26" or 27", but I don't want them to rub at any time. I've even thought maybe I should stick with the 25x10-12 for the front and get 25x11-12 for the rear. I've seen photos posted of 1100C models with 27x10-12 and they look really nice and reportedly don't rub. Will they work on X1120D? I don't know. I'm not installing a lift kit for bigger tires. So, I've got a lot of variables and I'm looking for ideas.

Any ideas on tires/wheels for a 2013 X1120D? Could you include pictures or links?

Thanks.

DEK

Bordercollie
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure they have sold many wheels and tires to RTV owners and they would know what works well. Wheels have to be the correct size and then it becomes personal preference as to appearance. But tires have many other variables (size, ply, radial, tread, load rating, etc) that have to be considered. Robin can probably coordinate and suggest tires that best match all the variables.

DEK

Doc
I agree with looking around. I'm hoping I can get some good advice here so that I can narrow down my options as I look around. Good for price shopping as well.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I forgot to mention I saw some RTV wheels and other accessories listed on Ebay. Again, worth checking out. www.ebay.com

If you are looking for advise as to what tire is more aggressive or best for a certain terrain we do have some guys that have experimented and can give you some pointers.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree also. Competition makes for good deals. I bought my last set of Black water off of a mazon and saved some money but I knew what I wanted. I bought my first set from Robin and he steered me to them.. I was glad because the ones I thought I wanted, were too light for the RTV and he told me so . collie

DEK

Johnny,

Good to hear you have put a larger size on the same model RTV as mine. What specific tire do you have. I'm asking because with all the posts I've read some tires 27x10's might rub because of tread design or having a taller profile than 27" for some reason. I'm thinking I might encounter some rub on the front if I increased the width to 11". Otherwise, a 26x10 or 27x10 might not cause rub. I am not wanting an aggressive tread so that should help with not rubbing too.

I don't know if a lift is available either, but I am not interested either way.

Could you send me a photo(s) of your RTV with the tires?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Johnny,

Good to hear you have put a larger size on the same model RTV as mine. What specific tire do you have. I'm asking because with all the posts I've read some tires 27x10's might rub because of tread design or having a taller profile than 27" for some reason. I'm thinking I might encounter some rub on the front if I increased the width to 11". Otherwise, a 26x10 or 27x10 might not cause rub. I am not wanting an aggressive tread so that should help with not rubbing too.

I don't know if a lift is available either, but I am not interested either way.

Could you send me a photo(s) of your RTV with the tires?

This is a very good point as we all know one tire manufacturers 27x10 is not or possibly not even close to an others 27x10.

jimso

Here are pictures of my X900 with 27x11x12 Blackwater Evolution tires on Delta steel rims with 4+3 offset. No rubbing, not really even that close to rubbing. I am very happy with the setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 155

Johnny Gunz

I'm running a 2+5 offset Delta Steel Wheel, with 27" CST Wild Thang Tires. They are probably more aggressive than what you want. They are rated for Max Load of 1090 lbs per tire. I did adjust my struts with a spanner wrench for maximum height/load, but definitely not necessary. I utilize my machine in very wet/muddy terrain on my deer lease, and this set up does me well, even with 1200 lbs of corn in the bed.

Attachments

• BOTA 1.jpg
    BOTA 1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 148
  • BOTA 3.jpg
    BOTA 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 142

jimso

I am using the factory Kubota rubber caps. I did have to polish out the Id of the rim where it mounts on the hub but I did not have to take off much more than the paint. They would go on but were very tight polished them out a little and they worked perfect.

DEK

Thanks for the photos jimso and Johnny. Your RTVs look good with the wheels and tires you've chosen. You're right Johnny, I don't want a tire as aggressive as yours, but seeing and hearing what others have done helps in choosing tires and wheels.

I am leaning toward Kenati Mongrel or Maxxis Ceros or something similar, but I want to make sure the load rating is sufficient for an RTV. I would also like to get wheels that are 12x8 and probably not all black. I'll keep reading and looking on this forum for more ideas. I am going to also check with suppliers to get recommendations.

VA1100

DEK, I have the 27 x 11 - 14 Kenati Mongrels on my X1100, I have been very happy with the performance of these tires. I went with a 14 x 8 Vision Warrier wheel with a backspace of 4 and an offset of -10.2. These are 8 ply radials and they handle the load really well.
Hope this helps some with your decision,
Pete
IMG_0144.jpg

DEK

VA1100, thanks for the picture and description for tires and wheels. You increased all dimensions of the stock tires and they look great. The 27" height gives you more clearance and higher profile, and the 11" width adds to tread footprint. I don't know that I've read posts from anyone that increased the diameter to 14". I imagine making all those changes has affected performance to some degree. No rubbing? I'm curious as to how you knew all those changes would work? Did you consult a retailer? I would like to go to 26" or 27" and maybe increase width to 11", but I would probably stay with 12" diameter. I just don't want to buy something and be stuck with it if it rubs or doesn't fit. The Kenati Mongrels look good. Are they available in 10 ply also? You have a good load on the RTV, but it sits well with it. Nice enclosure around your dump bed.

VA1100

DEK, I made the upgrade mainly for more ground clearance, I picked up just under 2" of ground clearance. I went with 14" rims to reduce the sidewall height on the tire, the option for 12" wheels and tires was available. I bought these through my dealer, who got them from Orange Aftermarket, but I believe you can do better price wise by ordering online I had the same concern about not fitting and being stuck with them, but have had no problems. I have not really noticed any significant difference in performance. I did some checking and these are available in 10 ply now, I probably would have bought the 10 ply had they been offered, but the 8 ply handle the load very well. My concern is running a stick or rock through the sidewall in the woods. There are some more pictures and information in this thread, this is from when I installed them. http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16819&highlight=Orange+aftermarket
Thanks,
Pete