RTV X1120D Wheels Question

CenTex

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a RTVX1120D that I use daily on my cattle ranch in central Texas. It came with the HDWS tires. After three years of use, I punctured a tire sidewall this week. I decided that instead of just replacing the one tire I am going to upgrade with a set of GBC Kanati Mongrel 26x10 R12 10 ply tires.

I am debating whether to just mount them on the stock rims or get a set of the ITP Delta steel rims. That brings me to a couple of questions.

When I dismounted one of the stock rims it looks like it is 8" wide with a 6" backspace offset. The ITP Delta Steel rim that has been mentioned here in several threads is 7" wide with a 5" backspace. The 5" versus 6" offset would seem to be okay since that actually gives a little more clearance bertween the tire and the body. Are there any issues with mounting a 10" wide tire on a 7" rim?

Also, the ITP website shows a 12x7 4/110 2+5 wheel and a 12x7 4/110 5+2 wheel. I assume i need the 5+2 (part number 1225553014) since I always thought the first offset number refers to the backspace offset. Does anyone using the ITP wheels remember which part number they ordered.

Thanks,
Les

ovrszd

The backspace of your stock wheels will not be a problem in regards to tire fit.

I also don't believe you will need the wheels moved outward to clear your new tires.

I've never heard of that tire. Can you post some pics of them??

Hope they work for you!!!!

ovrszd

The one thing I always look at is Load capacity.

For a 10 ply tire these seem to have a low weight capacity. At 765 lbs each they are within a couple hundred pounds of maxed out on an empty RTV.

I know there are many owners that exceed their tire's capacity, myself included. I just use that data to determine the actual strength of any tire.

Lee1935

I bought a set of Delta wheels, best price was on Ebay and they were very careful to make sure I received the correct wheels