Tractor stuck :(

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My handy trick to take care of oil spills.

Whenever I get a new appliance or something that has a large cardboard box, I cut the sides and such off into nice size sheets that I then stash. Whenever I have a project that can make a mess (oil, painting...) or a project that needs a clean surface on the floor, I just grab a sheet of cardboard and lay it out. If it gets ruined I just throw it in the burn barrel. If it's still good (e.g. I was spray-painting something), I just let the paint dry then put it back in the stash.

Cleaning under a mower deck is another great place for the cardboard. Let all the caked on stuff fall on the cardboard. Then pick up the cardboard to dispense all the clippings. I kneel on the edge of the cardboard which is a tad softer than the concrete floor.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
My handy trick to take care of oil spills.

Whenever I get a new appliance or something that has a large cardboard box, I cut the sides and such off into nice size sheets that I then stash. Whenever I have a project that can make a mess (oil, painting...) or a project that needs a clean surface on the floor, I just grab a sheet of cardboard and lay it out. If it gets ruined I just throw it in the burn barrel. If it's still good (e.g. I was spray-painting something), I just let the paint dry then put it back in the stash.

Cleaning under a mower deck is another great place for the cardboard. Let all the caked on stuff fall on the cardboard. Then pick up the cardboard to dispense all the clippings. I kneel on the edge of the cardboard which is a tad softer than the concrete floor.

Shucks and I was using the cardboard for targets ............ thanks for the heads up ........ :yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nah, old pallets are the backings for targets. Once they're all shot up, they get burned as well.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Whenever I get a new appliance or something that has a large cardboard box, I cut the sides and such off into nice size sheets that I then stash.
NOW you tell me.
I got tired of tripping over the storm door package and just sent it to the recycle bin.

Klumpe

We use cardboard in the shop all the time, but even some of the spills don't make it on the cardboard or they are so big that they leak through. It's amazing how well the kitty litter and board trick work. Most of the time you can sweep it back up and put in a five gallon container for the next mess.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Nah, old pallets are the backings for targets. Once they're all shot up, they get burned as well.

I tack the cardboard to a permanent target frame (legs buried) so I just take of the cardboard and burn it ........... :wink:

Erik

I use a real estate sign for my target holder -- Klumpe has a buddy who is REAL green when it comes to pistols and he keeps hitting the steel frame...

more on topic - I've used sawdust to pick up the worst of spills - then use it as fire starter in the shop stove.

Erik

s'truth - he consistently hits the dirt 2 feet in front of the target stand!
worst case of trigger clench I've ever seen...

Klumpe

I've been meaning to post this picture of my Dad getting his 560 stuck in what will eventually be his pond. He was trying to spread some clay that had been dug up when he had his lagoon emptied.

100_0056.jpg

Klumpe

The next door neighbor got his tractor and helped pull it out, they spent more time laughing about it than actually getting the tractor and pulling his out.

ncsteveh

Klump has proof of being stuck and so do I

First day on the farm, about 1hr after delivery

5648921446_8704056460_z.jpg

Nice ruts huh?
5648357931_99e8a940f3_z.jpg

Good thing it isn't the only tractor on the farm!

Last edited: