problem with high low lever on DK35

neilnh

Hi Guys!! Glad to be on the Net Tactor Talk! Just picked up a 2004 DK35 with a FEL, BH at an auction. Has 442 hours and looks great. I thought I checked it over pretty well in the preview but somehow I missed the fact that the high-low range lever is stuck in the high position. Oh well I think standing in the hot sun for hours before they put the darn thing up for sale I probably would have bought with 4 flat tires. The rest of the machine seems fine and works great! My question is should I tear into this thing and see if I can find out why that handle doesn't move or let the dealer do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

I'm not an expert on Kioti's but I had the same thing happen to a Kubota B2910. Took a trip to the dealer to get it sorted out. Good luck with it!

Jim

Just Bill

You really don't have anything to lose by looking at it.
It may be something simple but if not at least you have an idea what the problem is.
If you take it to a dealer, you will save a lot of money by removing the loader and BH yourself .
Good Luck

Erik

check to make sure the seat belt or seat belt return mechanism isn't blocking the motion - I've heard of someone else having that problem

neilnh

Thanks everybody for getting back to me so soon. I think I will get out the tools and give it a shot. I'll let you know what I find.

Jake W

Range lever

Did you get the range lever fixed?
How do you like the machine? I know the new ones we get into our dealership are some of my personal favorites

neilnh

Got it fixed!!

I decided to go for it and see if I could either fix it or break it so my local dealer would have to jump in. I bought the parts and shop manual so atleast I would know what I'm was dealing with inside the transfer/trans case. Pulled off the fenders, seat and plate under the seat. Pulled off the linkage and I noticed the shaft would rotate if I pushed in on it. The parts manual shows the arm on the end of that shaft engages with the shifting fork that moves the trans. into hi or lo range. I put a large drift pin thru the hole in the shaft, said several prayers to the guy in the sky and gave it a twist and felt it give. After several twists back and forth it seem to be moving about the right amount. Put the linkage back on and started her up and out I went, no seat or fenders! I was too excited! Low range works great! Near as I can figure the previous owner may not have used low range much and the darn thing just got stuck. I've had trucks like that. So I have have run it about 50 hours since then and it still works great. Take care everybody and don't forget to drop it in low every now and then!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's GREAT! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lo range is useful every now and then.

Jim