Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVG

[begin rant]

Gotta vent. I sure was pissed last night.

Pulled out the backpack blower to clean up some leaves. Damn thing wouldn't run right. Another engine goes down with fuel issues. Grrrr. That's the 4th one in the last couple months. Luckily I have a friend who gets them up and running for $25 (or $45 if he has to put in a carb rebuild kit) and back to me in a couple days.

So, frustrated and pissed off, I said the heck with this, I'm done with Ethanol gasoline in small engines.

I have a couple empty newfangled 5-gallon gas cans so I start siphoning all the gas out of the generators and such into those. While they're siphoning, I take a couple old-style 5-gallon cans I have that are full and start filling the van (and didn't spill a drop from those old cans).

Now I have 2 of those new style cans filled with gas. Go to pour it into the truck and those spouts that don't work for shit start dumping fuel all over the outside of the truck, on my pants and shoes and the shop floor. Now I'm really pissed, mainly at the government for messing up everything. They just had to fix shit that wasn't broken (like pure gasoline and 5-gallon cans).

Ended up using a funnel to dump the gas back into the old style tanks.

Got several engines drained of ethanol fuel and put in pure gas. Will do a few more engines next weekend after some of the cars burn off some gas so I have a place to dispose of the E10 crap gas.

[/end rant]

BCZ,
And here I thought I was the only one losing my mind over these ’new & improved’ spouts. Why just this past week my dear wife came up to me while I was attempting to pour some diesel into my Cummins and asked how I was doing. I went off about “committees & Helpers” who designed these things without knowing the difference between a spout and a pile of horse$hat. I wasn’t mad at her but she, after having been married to me for multiple decades, knew that now wasn’t the time to talk.

Will have to look into the repair kits.

SVG

Mark.Sibole

[begin rant]

Gotta vent. I sure was pissed last night.

Pulled out the backpack blower to clean up some leaves. Damn thing wouldn't run right. Another engine goes down with fuel issues. Grrrr. That's the 4th one in the last couple months. Luckily I have a friend who gets them up and running for $25 (or $45 if he has to put in a carb rebuild kit) and back to me in a couple days.

So, frustrated and pissed off, I said the heck with this, I'm done with Ethanol gasoline in small engines.

I have a couple empty newfangled 5-gallon gas cans so I start siphoning all the gas out of the generators and such into those. While they're siphoning, I take a couple old-style 5-gallon cans I have that are full and start filling the van (and didn't spill a drop from those old cans).

Now I have 2 of those new style cans filled with gas. Go to pour it into the truck and those spouts that don't work for shit start dumping fuel all over the outside of the truck, on my pants and shoes and the shop floor. Now I'm really pissed, mainly at the government for messing up everything. They just had to fix shit that wasn't broken (like pure gasoline and 5-gallon cans).

Ended up using a funnel to dump the gas back into the old style tanks.

Got several engines drained of ethanol fuel and put in pure gas. Will do a few more engines next weekend after some of the cars burn off some gas so I have a place to dispose of the E10 crap gas.

[/end rant]

Im 51 years pld and always said through my life "if you want something screwed up bad let the GOVT do it>" they can and will mess up a good wet dream given the chance.:14_6_12:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I gave up on the "Obama" cans several years ago and started using these on all of my cans:

http://ezpourspout.com/

Right now I have 7 of them. I had 8, but my hired hand, who has never had a sexy dream cause he messes them up, totally cross threaded one and tore the rubber washer/gasket into 3 pieces. I still have the spouts.......but......he is GONE............God bless......Dennis

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ordered 16 spouts. (Group buy amongst 4 of us).

Might have to order more but want to check them out before I order "spares".

Thanks guys!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
In particular, I got 2 of these:
http://ezpourspout.com/ez-pour-products/all-products/hi-flow-spout/

One each for gas and diesel for hard to reach tanks. Really like it for the tractor as it just means I set the can on something and then tilt the can rather than hold it up and wrassle.........For some I use that filtering funnel, I forget the name, and it flows into a huge funnel with a long extension on it. For me, the RTV is about the worst to fill as there is no convenient place to rest the can. So I rig the funnels where i can more or less just dump the fuel into the funnel that is a high capacity so I dont have to hold up that 40 pound can and hurt my lower back...Works for me and worth it........God bless.......Dennis

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I ordered 10 of those hi-flow and I'm thinking that's what I'll use.

Yea, fueling the RTV is the "not friendly" one. My tractor's fuel tank is steel so I like to keep that one full. I top off the tractor first with a full can then the remaining few gallons goes in the RTV since the can is now lighter.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Zoom, what did those spouts cost you? Every TSC within 100 miles shows them out of stock.
Out of stock because they're not allowed to sell in NY. Until recently, they couldn't sell to PA either but that law has been changed. Just need to get the PA retailers to catch up.
If there's a TSC in PA near you, let them know that they're now allowed to sell them.
Here's the mfgr's web site. http://ezpourspout.com/
And a big note on their home page.
PENNSYLVANIA RESIDENTS MAY NOW PURCHASE EZ-POUR GAS SPOUTS!

Mark.Sibole

I redid all of my cans over the summer.I disabeled the damn stops on them.Removed then and threw them in the fire pit lol.
Then went to the tire shop and picked up a half dozen valve stems and removed the springs.drilled a hole in the can and added a stem to each can.Gives me a proper vent with a cap and works great.All these new cans with safty shut offs and the extra doo doo is total doo doo lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Have not abandoned the site.

Been busy ....

Plans are to be back soon and catch up ........

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Two Guns Cajun Country.jpg
    Two Guns Cajun Country.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 106

Heatwave

Two Guns' post reminds me: I've been gone a while also ... aortic heart valve replacement surgery. In mid-August, docs removed my worn out aortic valve and replaced it with a valve from a pig's heart. I haven't been out and about on our RTV900 since shortly before the surgery, but I've thought about it a lot ... especially about driving it to some nice mudholes where I can jump in and roll around a bit.

TRIBUTE100

Heatwave, Hope you're doing well after your heart valve replacement. Did you use the pig valve with the framework around it or just the valve. My Dad had an aortic valve replaced in 1997, and the heart surgeon wanted to use the valve with the "frame" around it but it wasn't yet approved by the FDA. He was 81 y/o at the time, but the operation was a success. He has since passed and today is the 100th anniversary of his birth.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Serious stuff Heatwave. Slow but sure you'll get back to normal. My mom had a heart valve replaced. Amazing stuff. I'm constantly amazed at what the doctors can do.

Heatwave

Tribute: I don't know whether I got a framed or frameless valve. I had my eyes shut the entire time.

Last edited:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I go back to the cancer doc tomorrow. He did not like my cell counts a month ago and was talking about doing another bone marrow draw. That will be the 4th time they drilled my butt! Grab the handles and hang on.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tribute: I don't know whether I got a framed or frameless valve. I had my eyes shut the entire time.
Sorry to hear about your heart problems. That's a damn funny response right there.

You keep going Muley. You know we're always there pulling for 'ya.

Makes my bum hip seem like nothing to even talk about.

TRIBUTE100

Heatwave, I can't remember which one, but one of them causes occasional "oinking".
Only kidding, but I do remember someone getting a mechanical valve many, many years ago and it took him awhile to get used to it while sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.