My X900

10-e-c-dirt

Well they delivered my X900 worksite late Friday. I put about 2.5 hrs on just riding around on the farm!

I really like it.

But I was disappointed that it had Zero insulation, That cap package list for over $4K, you would think that it would have had some peel & stick foil-faced insulation like in the pictures of the V4210 Canadian Cab.

Maybe Kubota will offer a insulation kit later....

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Well they delivered my X900 worksite late Friday. I put about 2.5 hrs on just riding around on the farm!

I really like it.

But I was disappointed that it had Zero insulation, That cap package list for over $4K, you would think that it would have had some peel & stick foil-faced insulation like in the pictures of the V4210 Canadian Cab.

Maybe Kubota will offer a insulation kit later....

I use Megamat in all my car builds. Shop around and you can usually find it cheaper. http://www.fatmat.com/shop/mega-mat-bulk-kits-6566

Another route is the big box home stores (Home Depot and the like). They sell foam core, foil faced insulation, it's cheaper but harder to get to stick than the one's like Megamat that are made for the job. Don't get the cheap stuff that looks like tar paper, it is and you don't want it anywhere near warm surfaces, I'll run and stink like you can't believe.

I left the insulation off my 4210 cab from canada and still plow in shirt sleeves with a small catalytic neater in the winter. Might be different in the deep south w/AC but you have a lot of glass area to worry that isn't insulated. The composite panel shouldn't conduct much heat but I'm not sure how much metal is in the X900's. I'd try it for a while before I'd worry about insulation. Let the usage prove you need it.

Bob

628pm

Site Supporter
I have the cab from kubota for my x900, if you have installed the heater, you will be nice and warm after it warms up. Now if you are trying to make it a little quieter that is another story....

herman48

I have probably turned the heater on only two or three times in my 1100. I live in southeast Alabama, and it doesn't get cold enough. But I certainly used the a/c a lot last summer, and even though there doesn't seem to be any insulation, except for the fuzzy cloth under the top of the cab, it was nice and cold in the cab, and at times I had to turn the a/c down because I was getting too cold. It's really humid, down here, and at times if it's too cold inside the cab (not just the Kube's cab, but also the F 150's and the Escape's), both windows and windshield get all fogged up on the outside and the inside. This is the only place I know on Earth (I've never been to the Amazon or Equatorial Africa) where when you get out of a vehicle with a/c, your eyeglasses fog up completely. It takes some time (probably a lifetime) to get used to this climate, especially if one, like me, has spent 7 years in Montana and 29 years in Alaska before coming down here.