09 rtv900 hard to get into gears?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I am not familiar with the 09 models (mine is a X900) but, if yours has a decompression valve like mine, I would advise that you adjust the valve where the brake mechanism activates the valve. I adjusted mine right after I took delivery of mine and it made a world of difference. Good luck.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How many hours?........changed the fluids????..........It does get better over time; but for me is just part of the beast. The mother ship put in a pressure relief in some newer models that if you push hard on the brake it helps.........This works on most years...it does on my 05........Also, blipping the throttle a bit just before or as you make the shift helps some. Then the factory advises also to turn the steering wheel lock to lock will help relieve the pressue...........Some folks have talked about making sure that the trans is actually out of gear and really in neutral. Seems the shifter can be needing adjustment.....................
For me, just taking my time, slight pressure on the shifter as I blip the throttle, and mostly not thinking about it works most of the time..........God bless.........Dennis

Mogman

lol thanks Dennis... yeah I just checked I guess I was rushing it? I put my foot on the brake and gave it a sec then it goes right into gear. thanks..

NTKimi

I bought an 1140 about a year ago...it requires a bit of fuel for it to slip into gear. Occasionally, a slight turn of the steering wheel also. Was hard to get used to but now I it's part of the routine.