Think we A'skert 'em off????

Junk you don't know what snow is. So far to date at the house I believe we are over 96" of the white stuff. 10" to 12" more on the way for tonight with more on the way Friday and Monday.

4" + a little bit of rain is child's play. :yum:

Ed

Oh, I know what snow is alrighty. (Spent a winter at Minot ND back in the late 60's)

You have to understand the normal weather around here and how people deal with snow. It's such a rare occurance, when it DOES snow, it's total pandamonium. EVERYTHING is shut down. EVERYONE panics. Wrecks galore.

And also understand it was 71 degrees just a few days prior. :eek:

jbrumberg

To All for the sake of "transparency"; my PM to the 'Ol Dougster this AM:

Dougster :starbucks: :

Good Morning :tiphat: . Life got in the way of weather geekdom last night :eek: - I got involved with cooking which does happen quite regularly.

I hope you got more out of this event than some sleep loss :unhappy: I got snow until it started to switch to sleet around 2:00 AM. At 7:30 the sleet was starting to switch to rain/freezing rain. I got the 'Ol Ice Foot taking this AM's snow readings- 6.50" of snow packed with sleet (better than nothing :rolleyes: ). It looks like your local weather weasels mouthed what they were told to say, but they hit it better than I did . I do have a weather guru- Joe Bastardi who is a retired PSU meterologist professor, very active with AccuWeather, and a TV weather announcer. His blogs rile up the meterologist "establishment" on a daily basis it seems :cool: . His blog this AM was a less than complimentary comment on himself and meterologsits in general. His basic advise was do not trust us (i.e weather weasels); empower and trust yourself, just use the available weather data provided and interpret it yourself- you can not do worse and the "weather weasels" who are just telling you what we are telling them to say. I could go on, but the day and fuu-fuu :starbucks: await . Will get some tractor seat time though :thumb: Jay :letitsnow: and :snow: without :umbrella:.

PS: Sunday into Monday looks to be like this current event :pat: so far.

And to Ed- you have "lucked out" in the snow department this "Winter" so far. All the systems have tracked your way. So far this winter I have had ~63.00" of frozen stuff, but I have been able to go snowshoeing about a half dozen times so far this year as part of my "rehab". Jay

Dougster

Old Member
I hope you got more out of this event than some sleep loss :unhappy: I got snow until it started to switch to sleet around 2:00 AM. At 7:30 the sleet was starting to switch to rain/freezing rain. I got the 'Ol Ice Foot taking this AM's snow readings- 6.50" of snow packed with sleet (better than nothing :rolleyes: ).
I may have blown the opportunity to make a full push's worth of revenue out of this storm. :eek: Turns out that my 5AM depth measurements and assessment may have been a bit too conservative. I measured 2 to 2-1/2 inches (powder with a hard crust) and decided it was best to make today a "customer's option" day... particularly in view of rising temperatures and a flood of rain expected later to wash most of this snow away. Turns out there was more like 3" (town average) apparently with some some pre-sleet drifting... and most of my competition is out running today... going for the gold!!! :rolleyes:

A couple of customers with hills called for a push, but no one else so far. I mean... this storm was awfully marginal. :( Meanwhile, my competition is out there cashing in. :eek:

This is a perfect example of why putting the customer's best interests first doesn't always pay. :(

Dougster :starbucks:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, I do to know where Lobsters come from.:fishing: They come from a tank at Walmart.:yum::yum::yum::yum:
hugs, Brandi:rolleyes:
Not the ones the old Edster eats for dinner every day!!! ;) They come from the finest gourmet restaurants in all of New England!!! :thumb:

God bless that unlimited expense account of his!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster :starbucks: