Replacement Battery for RTV 900

Mark.Sibole

Ill have to recheck mine I thought I posted it.I picked one up from auto value and it was a better battery than OEM and was less than 100 a lot less if i remember right.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Scratchin my head on this one. My original battery lasted a bit more than 10 years. It still cranked but had a hard time starting the RTV down in the 20's. So, an outfit here, Votex Batteries carried the original equipment. I think they supplied Kubota as they are right down the road from the mother ship factory.
So, I went to the local Voltex battery dealer and got the original style and stuff for $89 or so. Yes, I have to run the lights a bunch without the engine running, that's the regular lights and aux lighting on the roof or back when working on stuff in the night. I guess I could run a radio for quite a bit longer................

What does matter is that the original never failed me so why mess around with something that works? Not being an electrical design engineer. I just stick with the girl that brung me to the dance. .........It really doesn't matter, it's what you use and how it does for YOU.............God bless......Dennis

doggman

26R Battery size

Thanks for the replies.

The "official" size for my 2011 RTV900XT is a Group 26R. I bought a maintenance free Duracell from Sam's Club for $89.20. It's a 3 year free replacement with 540 0 degree CCA. I considered the Group 35 Optima option since it's only a little bit longer than the 26R. However, I'd have to have slightly altered the location of one or both of the hold down bolts to accommodate the slightly longer battery. I've got too much on my plate right now to do the little modification. Sigh...

BTW the Duracell batteries are a rugged AGM type and are made by East Penn - who also make Deka Batteries. I think Deka is the OEM for some of the Kubota products.

I'll report back after I get a little use on this battery.

doggman

I lied - not really

Okay, the Duracell 26R is NOT an exact replacement. It's about 1/2 inch longer than the OEM battery. Everything else is the same. But I had to drill another hole in the battery base plate for the hold down rods. Then I had to drill two holes at the bitter ends of the hold down bar. Even then it's a really tight fit. If I had had the time I would have made a new hold down bar. Maybe later...
Also, this battery comes with a removable handle. I had to trim the plastic guides from the sides of the battery that are used to hold the handle in place. It won't affect the battery case at all. But it was another pain in the butt thing to figure out....
I hope this battery lives up to its long life warranty.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I am still running my original battery.
But IF it ever needs to be replaced.

It will be a OPTIMA.:myopinion:

I keep Battery Tender Jr.'s on all my equipment when not in use.

........ two guns

doggman

Optima

The Optima would be nice. The Group 35 Optima would be a close fit. But take out your old battery first and do some carefull measuring of the battery platform. It will be a tight squeeze.

The battery in my old Kubota L4310 lasted until traded it in an L5740. Amazing!