New RTV900 package - special edition

G

<FONT size=3>Kubota is pleased to introduce the limited availability of an exciting new SPECIAL EDITION RTV900 to commemorate Kubota’s 35<SUP>th Year in the United States. This Special Edition (prototype shown below) features an eye-catching brilliant metallic silver color and a host of very popular, high-value accessories such as alloy wheels and a factory-installed spray-on bedliner as standard equipment, at a substantial savings to the consumer. </SUP></FONT></P>

<FONT size=3><SUP></SUP></FONT></P><FONT size=3><SUP><FONT size=3>
<P align=left>STANDARD FEATURES: 35<SUP>th Anniversary Special Edition RTV900 </P>

<DIR>
<DIR>
<P align=left>• </FONT><FONT face=Arial,Arial size=3>All features standard on RTV900 Worksite models (RTV900W6-H, RTV900W6-A) </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Unique, brilliant metallic silver color </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• The UV industry’s first and only FACTORY-INSTALLED SPRAY-ON BEDLINER </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Exclusive slotted 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheel in a bright diamond-cut finish </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Choice of HDWS or ATV tires (same size as current RTV900’s) </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• "Special Edition" and "35th Anniversary" decals on quarter panels and cargo box sides/back </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Plastic Canopy </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Headrests </P>
<P align=left></P>
<P align=left>• Speedometer </P></DIR></DIR></FONT><FONT size=3>
<P align=left>SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE SAVINGS TO CONSUMER: </P>
</FONT><FONT face=Arial,Arial size=3>
<P align=left>The 35th Anniversary Special Edition offers all of the accessories listed above for a retail package price of $1,000 over the cost of a current Worksite model. If purchased separately, these accessories would cost over $1,500, for an advertisable $500 retail cost savings for the customer. </P>
<P align=left>Retail savings demonstrated below: </P>
<P align=left>Special metallic silver color (estimated at ½ Camo value) $222 </P>
<P align=left>Exclusive 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels w/ "K" logo in center $600 </P>
<P align=left>Choice of HDWS or ATV tires n/c </P>
<P align=left>Factory-installed SPRAY-ON BEDLINER $299 </P>
<P align=left>"Special Edition" and "35th Anniversary graphics n/c </P>
<P align=left>Plastic Canopy top $206 </P>
<P align=left>Speedometer $69 </P><U>
<P align=left>Headrests $104 </P></U>
<P align=left>Total Retail Price of Accessories if purchased separately: $1,500 </P><U>
<P align=left>SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE PRICE: $1,000 </P></U>

RETAIL SAVINGS TO CUSTOMER $500 </P></SUP></FONT></SUP></FONT>

G

I don't like the silver myself. A glossy black would have been cool.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw this elsewhere but I posted that I thought it was a hoax. <u>I stand corrected.</u>

Here's what I saw (and my reply). BTW - Neil - Can you confirm orders are only being taken until August 27th?

WHAT WAS POSTED:
This Special Edition (prootype shown) features an eye-catching metallic
silver color, exclusive 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels w/ "K" logo in
center, choice of ATV or HD worksite tire, factory-installed SPRAY-ON
bedliner, "Special Edition" and "35th Anniverary" graphics (not shown
on prototype), color matched plastic canopy top, speedometer, and
headrests.

Now this is IMPORTANT: dealers can only place orders for this unit
until Aug 27th. Kubota plans on building a limited supply of these
based on August orders.

MY REPLY

Why all the typos?

35th Anniversary??? Uhhh, the RTV is only in its 4th year. I guess this is coming out in 31 years from now...

5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels? I count 8 spokes (and I don't see a K in the middle but that may just be the picture).

ATV or HDWS tires? The ones pictured are neither.

Kind of funny that "Special Edition" and "35th Anniversary" isn't printed...

I also think that if it were a "Special Addition", Kubota may have done
more then add paint, tires and a speedo... Heck, there isn't even a
windshield.

It's not mentioned on kubota.com

I think this is a personal RTV and maybe even a photoshop change to get
the color. If it was a marketing photo, the picture quality would be
better as well.

G

[quote user="bczoom"]
Here's what I saw (and my reply). BTW - Neil - Can you confirm orders are only being taken until August 27th?
[/quote]

Thats what it says.

Rowdy1

See info I just got from my dealer. $11,300 with ATV tires and 11,600
with HD tires. Although it says no difference in price regardless of
ATV or HD tires.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Somewhat looks like some sort of die-cast toy !!! But, this might be the " Silver Bullet " ~~~~</P>

Kubota is full of good surprises, this might be one of them. But I still would perfer the Orange !!!</P>

</P>

Believe this might of gone well back in the " Disco Days " ~~~~~~</P>

DougK

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

But I still would perfer the Orange !!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

You are mistaken my good man... You really want the camo... [:D]</P>

To be serious the color just does not work for me. What were they thinkin... [*-)][:cool:] Not that it matters to me as I wil not be buying anouther UTV for awhile. [<:eek:)]</P>

Ricochet

[quote user="bczoom"]I saw this elsewhere but I posted that I thought it was a hoax. <u>I stand corrected.</u>

WHAT WAS POSTED:
This Special Edition (prootype shown) features an eye-catching metallic
silver color, exclusive 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels w/ "K" logo in
center, choice of ATV or HD worksite tire, factory-installed SPRAY-ON
bedliner, "Special Edition" and "35th Anniverary" graphics (not shown
on prototype), color matched plastic canopy top, speedometer, and
headrests.

Now this is IMPORTANT: dealers can only place orders for this unit
until Aug 27th. Kubota plans on building a limited supply of these
based on August orders.

MY REPLY

Why all the typos?

35th Anniversary??? Uhhh, the RTV is only in its 4th year. I guess this is coming out in 31 years from now...

5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels? I count 8 spokes (and I don't see a K in the middle but that may just be the picture).

ATV or HDWS tires? The ones pictured are neither.

Kind of funny that "Special Edition" and "35th Anniversary" isn't printed...

I also think that if it were a "Special Addition", Kubota may have done
more then add paint, tires and a speedo... Heck, there isn't even a
windshield.

It's not mentioned on kubota.com

I think this is a personal RTV and maybe even a photoshop change to get
the color. If it was a marketing photo, the picture quality would be
better as well.[/quote]

<p class="MsoNormal">I don't know what gives on the typos, but that is the real deal (1st prototype RTV900 SE model)...it’s not
a hoax or a personal UV with a Photoshop job. The silver plastic parts
are basically the camo parts with silver metallic paint rather than Realtree
camo application. It's the 35th anniversary of Kubota Tractor Corp. as a company (they started in
1972). So, they are using the RTV900 to celebrate this company milestone. Those are not the OEM wheels or tires that will be on this
model from the factory. They are just a "custom" package put
together at the last minute for this event because the OEM aluminum wheels were
not ready (the photo is from someone’s personal digital camera…no pro photography
team there). The OEM aluminum wheels are not nearly as fancy as those and
have a much tougher appearance. The special edition labels are not ready
yet either, so they are not on there. <span style=""></span>It’s
simply a good looking UV with some nice value added features.</p><p class="MsoNormal">
</p>Also, black was looked at but decided silver was better. Glossy black afterall is hard to keep clean...etc. Lastly, the month of August is the only time dealerships have to order them. So, some might order 0 or 10...it depends on the dealer (projected orders is 5-7 per dealership). It wouldn't hurt to let you dealer know if you want 1, so they know to order at least 1 for you.

G

So it is good looking in person then? It looks kinda bland in the picture.

Ricochet

[quote user="Admin"]So it is good looking in person then? It looks kinda bland in the picture.
[/quote]

It does look better in person...you can't see the metallic finish in that photo. So-so quality digicam and bad/bright lighting doesn't do it justice.

Ricochet

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

They must be trying out the silver matallic units in snow, this video shows one !!!! Found this on another web site. Give the video a few seconds, the silver RTV will show up working a plow !!!</p>

</p>

<font color="#22229c">YouTube - Kubota RTV - Aurauskalusto ja kippilava</font></p>[/quote]

Ah, a RTV900 Euro model with Mauser cab and that is a nice snow blade! Oh, and that is someone's custom paint job. Looks pretty good but the RTV900 SE model looks better. [;)]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That is a nice snow blade Jippy !!!! And I agree, the kubota's job does look better !!!!

doggman

That electric-over-hydraulic blade control on the shift knob that is shown on the video is what Kubota should have done in the first place for shifting. I guess they were shaving pennieswhen theyelected for a steam lever instead. </P>

I hope that video EuroRTV is a glimpse of the future for us yankees. Harley has been testing and releasing models in Europe before they bring them home. Maybe Kubota will do the same. </P>

I don't know about a silver Kubota, though. At least it's not gold. What's next - a purple Deere?</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The plow in the video is sweet. I'd like to see it doing more than a couple inches of snow.

Did anyone notice the fog or driving lights right where the ROPS meets the front hood? It's about 2 min & 10 seconds into the video.