The end of the forums at CompactTractorReview

G

<div>

We'verun up againsta brick wall regarding these forums. The software package hasnow changed into a commercial product, anditsway too expensiveto justify for the revenue that's generated here. We need upgraded sincewe're getting swamped with SPAM and things arebecoming amess. I hateto displace you guys because I knowyour an active and dedicated group. Over the last monthmany ofthe operators and moderatorsof the tractor forums have beenexchanging messages trying to decidewhatthe future will hold for all ofus. The end result is anoperating partnership betweenus and NetTractorTalk.com. A new homehas been setup for youguys here.</p>

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41</p>

Our goal was to import as much as possible from this software andmove it into this new site, but it appears that's not possible. We had committed to spending as much as $300 to pay for an expert in converting forums to make the move, but they are not comfortable with what they are seeing. I'll leave these forums active for as much as a week to allow anyone to copy and paste and threads that you may find useful to other places. At that point a redirect will be setup and we'll start fully transitioning over. </p>

I'm sorry to cut the cord on a group that's made my site their home. I'm humbled by that. Ultimately this will be a good long term solution and we'll be working with a team is able to be more attentive to the forums than I have been. </p>

Thanks.
Neil</p>
</div>
<div></div>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Neil:</p>

This is indeed sad news but I'm trying to understand the economics of your decision. Your efforts will not be forgotten and thanks for all you have done. To everyone else on the "Forum", I hope we connect again somehow.</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

This is a shame it was such a great site and I learned so much from some great folks. I started using the site before I bought my RTV-900 andthe knowledge I gained made theexperince of being an owner much better. There are only a couple of sites that I visit and I found some great friends on this site that I check on a consitant basis. Good luck to all on your future endevors!!</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd like to work out a way to get some of our better information over there. Anyone have any thoughts on how we can get our "good stuff" over there? </p>

[quote user="Keifer"]To everyone else on the "Forum", I hope we connect again somehow.[/quote]</p>

How about we all go to the site Neil referenced and register. I've been a member of that site for a couple years. Great bunch of people there. They're looking forward to our arrival.</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
this was a great site to be a part of. i'll jump over to the other forum and be apart of that one too.. thanks for the good times we did have on this forum. </p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
If we go over there I will have to start all over busting on Peanut. That is going to be a lot of work!</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="muleman"]</p>

If we go over there I will have to start all over busting on Peanut. That is going to be a lot of work!</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

But oh so worth the effort, right?</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea but i'm gonna sign in under a diferent name so try to figure out who i am. i'll be the nut in the bunch.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sure we won't have any problems recognizing you when you get over there. I have a FireFox Add-On that pops up every time one of your posts comes up on the screen. It asks "Would you like to invoke the Cajun-eze translator?".</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
oh man you funny now!! do they really have that pop up every time??</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Neil, This is a great site and I will miss it alot. Especially the family like friendships and politically incorrect times we have all shared. I lost a big piece of my heart on Jan 2 when my Dad passed away and the wise thoughts of my neighbor members have helped me cope. ................ I will still order my parts from Messicks because ,as my Dad taught me, " Do the right thing and do business with the fellow who has honor," and I believe you have it so there, site or no site, I'll buy my parts from Messicks. Thank you for all the hard work!!! Bordercollie</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Muleman is on the other forum dissing you and Two Guns. You better hurry over there to defend yourself and your sister!</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bordercollie,</p>

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad.</p>

You are going to join us at our new forum location, right?</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you very much. Zoom and all. I will be pleased to be a part of the new site . Bordercollie.</p>

HEY PEANUT,,,,,,,,,,,,</p>

</p>

WAIT FOR ME, I AM ON MY WAY TO THE NEW SITE.........TELL YOUR SISTER THAT I MISS HER................SHE ALWAYS KEPT ME WARM ON THOSE COLD PENNSYLVANIA NIGHTS.............</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.... they saynothing last forever, this must be one of them !!!!I would like to thank Neil, for giving us theCompact Tractor forum >>>></p>

Also, would like to thank ALL the members, who have help me learn what they have about these little machine we care so much about called the RTV . Really have enjoyed this forum, it has put a smile on my face a many of times. </p>

Hope to see other " family " members over at the other site. Going to try to make that trip over there !!!!</p>

God Bless >>></p>

Two Guns </p>

</p>

Onfoot

</p>

Bordercollie--so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. A sad reminder of the temporary nature of everything in this old world, eh? From the little bit you shared, it seems he was a good man.</p>

And, having been away from the forum for a while, a bit of a shock to learn of its passing as well. I will log on to the new site, but have to say that I have not encountered any forum that came close to the help and comraderie of this one. Hats off to all who have made it possible. Thanks!</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Onfoot"] I will log on to the new site, but have to say that I have not encountered any forum that came close to the help and comraderie of this one. Hats off to all who have made it possible. Thanks!</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Our destination site is comprised of members very similar to what you would find here. They created a RTV forum for us to continue our chat but look around elsewhere in the site. I'm sure you'll like what you see.</p>

</p>