Kubota RTV 1100 Seat Cover & Radio, coast valve

c0ke

Well I bought a radio and I have have everything to connect the stereo to the Kubota. I just have a few questions...

1. There is an ANT REM wire (I assume antenna connection). What wire on the kubota do I attach this too? I didnt see an antenna connection wire on the previous diagram.

2. There is 2 + wires (1 red (Accessory) and 1 yellow(Energized at all times)) I assume that I need pick either if I want the + to be always on on only on in accessory mode, then I attach 1 of the wires to the correct connection on the kubota. I dont install both the accessory and always hot to the radio...

3. There is a black ground on the radio that says to connect to the metal on the car, do I just attach it to the ground on the kubota, or do I have to ground both the kubota cable and the radio cable to kubota?

randu2

c0ke,

1. The ant rem wire is only used if you have an ant that is a power electric ant that need to go up when you turn on the radio, not used
2. You hook up the red wire to the accessary fuse that only comes on when the motor or
key is on, that will let the radio come on when the motor is running. The yellow wire is also hooked up to 12 volts that is always on , this is to keep the radio's power backed up for memory purposes. That way you won't have to reprogram it every time you turn it on. This is taken care of when you plug your radio's plug into the Kubota's plug.
3. The black wire on the plug is already hooked up to ground. The Kubota's plug already has the 12 volts constant, 12 accessary. and the ground connected in the plug and when you hook up the radio's plug to the Kubota's plug that will complete the circuit.
The Kubota's plug has all the power and speakers already connected to it.
Randy

c0ke

Thanks. I plan on installing it this weekend. Looks fairly easy. I will let you know how it goes. Again, thanks for all the help.

c0ke

I installed the radio today. The only thing that isnt working on it is the radio stations. Everything is static. I am not getting any radio stations. The radio itself works great. I just wondering if the antenna is hooked up.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I thinkin you hit on it ...sounds like your antenna is not hooked up.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The one's I've seen are kinda big with a protruding tip like the old 1/4" stereo headphone jacks ...but no bands on it like the jacks had. There should be a round hole that it fits in snugly. All you do is push it in. Very simple hook up normally.

edit to add:
I have not installed a car stereo for over 10+ years.

c0ke

thanks doc. I never installed a car radio, so you are one up on me :) I feel stupid. I never hooked up the antenna. I didnt see the connector from the kubota where i put the radio, so I never hooked anything up. I found the antenna cable at the passenger side under the vent. So I hooked it up and everything works great. Thanks to everyone for all their help. You got to love the internet. If it wasnt for it, Kubota probably would of gotten my $500 or I wouldnt of had a radio. Instead I only spent about $140.00

Last edited:

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
on the seat cover question, i think they are a must have. i got mine from green mountain products a couple years ago. what was kubota thinking when they put light gray cloth seats in the 1100

c0ke

Yes, I did finally purchase them and put them on. A lot better. Why did Kubota put gray cloth seats on? Its not a car! The Kubota RTV 900 seats were a lot more durable. If you are using this for doing work with, its going to get dirty.

XTROOPER

Thanks Randu2. I just instaled the REI brand radio that my wife got for me from the local Kubota dealer. Your install directions were excellent. I too had never installed a radio, but when I got in there, it all made sense. I got the 9 din plug with the Kubota radio and the female connectors were bent. REI sent me a new wire harness and the install went fairly well. Thanks for all the info. Now just waiting to get some snow here in NE PA so I can put my new blizzard plow to work and see if it going to be any improvement over the Curtis. Thanks again Randy,

Tahoe

Everything about rtv 1100

I am new so please bare with me. I've had my rtv1100 for about 2yrs all in all it's a great little work horse, but as everyone knows there are many issues to address. I live in Truckee ca. At 7000ft so power is my main problem. I've checked on turbo's ,is there a diff from one to another? .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help with the turbo (but a forum search will give results) but I can welcome you to the forum, so Welcome!!!

fullerbub

hey guys can some one please help me! ive read this whole forum and dont understand so please help, i have a kubota rtv 1100 recently the stereo took a crap on me, i have a sony after market stereo deck to put in it and im haveing trouble witch wire goes to what so if you guys can please help me id be soo thankfull here are the wires comging from the new sony stereo

yellow= 12 volt battery/constant (12v+)
red= 12 volt ignition/switched (12v+)
blue= power antenna
blue/white= remote turn on (12v+)
orange= illumination/dimmer
black= chassis ground (12v-)
white= left front positive (lf+)
white/black= left front negative (lf-)
gray= right front positive (rf+)
gray/black= right front negative (rf-)
green= left rear positive (lr+)
green/black= left rear negative (lr-)
purple= right rear positive (rr+)
purple/black= right rear negative (rr-)

i understand some wires wont be used and the negetive positive speeker wires might have to be together

the wires coming out of my kubota that was connected to the old stereo are the colors
red
purple
green/black
yellow
black
gray
white

any info or steps would be great!! i tryed to understand the wireing diagram but was lost, ive hooked stereos in mt truck befor but not on something like this soo im lost, please help thank you so much

-cody

c0ke

Are you sure those are the colors coming from your Kubota? Or are they coming from a different harness? The Kubota should have the following wire colors:

Black---------------------------Ground
Red with white stripe------Always hot
Green with white stripe---Hot in accessory position
Yellow-------------------------Left speaker
Yellow with red stripe-----Left speaker
Blue----------------------------Right speaker
Blue with white stripe-----Right speaker