Hello from SE Louisiana

Alblancher

I've been lurking for a couple of days and decided to jump in and introduce myself. I'm in my mid 50s and up until 5 years ago always lived on the water spending a lot more time on boats then on a farm. I have just recently added 10 acres to my previous 8 and need to upgrade from a Sears DGT6000 to a larger CUT.

I know I will get a lot of help with my tractor/implement purchases and how to use it from all of you. I look forward to being part of the conversation.

There again thanks for having me.

Al

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome ............ out of curiosity, where you located? I'm a Yank that spent 18 years working in New Roads and living mostly in Baton Rouge. I'm just interested to see if I may have roamed your parts one time or another.

Have fun and good luck!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum. :tiphat:

Glad you found us.

I know I will get a lot of help with my tractor/implement purchases and how to use it from all of you.

We will be happy to help you spend your money!

Jim

Alblancher

Thanks for the welcome guys

BigDog,

Born in New Orleans, moved to Slidell in 73. The property is up by Thomas LA just south of the MS state line N of Franklinton. Started out as a hurricane evacuation house but it keeps getting bigger.

Grandparents where from Marksville and Morgan City so if you'vve walked on it I've probably been there at one time or another.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Al

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk, I'm glad you found us. While I've never taken an 'average age' of our members I think you are right in the ballpark. I know I'm right there with ya. :D

Heck yeah, we love talking tractor stuff. And ....I'm a boater. I spend as much time on the water as possible, all recreation boating. If you have any pics of your time on the water I'd sure be interested in seeing them.

Enjoy and post often. :beer: :D

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Net Tractor Talk. I'm sure there will be lots of advice on here once we know what the land is like and what you're needs are.