What year RTV?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
yo-dt

Haven't you heard?!?!?!?! A '63 vette is a terrible machine and investment.

I'm a sucker for things that take up space so may I propose you sell it to me for some nominal consideration. Let's say $100. :)

Tact;
I have been to the corvette forum, it just wasn't my bag. Too many egos, financiers, and people stuck on themselves claiming to be the next best thing since Duntov. The restamping and faking originals gets old and not what the hobby means to me. I drive, fix, and enjoy them for what they are. Their goal seems to be driving the price up so only money people can gloat of their possessions. There are common sense people on the forum but not enough to make a difference. If I wouldn't have bought four of them years back I certainly wouldn't be able to buy them now. Thanks for the invite.
I haven't met one person on this forum that is buying RTV's to double their investment.

yo-dt;
There is a forum for each production class, C1-C6, parts, sales as well. Is your 63 a coupe ? I have two of them.

yo-dt

Yes, $100.00 would be a fine offer but you must take the totally original 1965 Chevy truck that tows it around. Hope the pic. comes through.
chevvet.JPG

Beautiful back ground and nice toys. Love the old buildings that just shout character. Too bad so many are just falling down and not getting the attention they need to survive.
One of my coupes is daytona blue also.

Yes, original 1965 Chevy truck that tows it around.

Why would one tow a nice sports car like that ? Don't tell me your one of those " financiers " that believe the car is so expensive / exiotic it is a trailer queen ? They built thousands of them. If you can't drive / enjoy it ... sell and buy gold. It don't rust and takes up less space.

yo-dt

Oh No-NO, not a trailer queen. Heck, in the last 25 years that I have owner the Vette I have put more them 1,000 miles on it. The truck even less. I mostly drive my 1964 GTO as it has a bored out 455, 4 speed, disk brakes and a "to die for" black paint job. If I knew how to insert pics using the icon above, I would send you a pic. of that!

yo-dt;
It's Sunday morning and I am picture hunting. Did you sleep in today ? Did the RTV arrive as planned ? I am more anxious than you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo-dt

Kubota is here.

The 5 day extended wait was worth it! The trucker arrived at noon today.
I am sending pics. with the Kubota RTV 1100 next to the just completed restoration of our 1978 Cushman Haulster.

With heat and air and a stereo in the Kubota it will make it awfully hard to decide which one to take out in the woods to cut firewood.

Already don't like the rapid de-acceleration so will probably go on E-Bay and buy the coast valve. Also need seat covers to protect the cloth seats.

Geez this is a big rig!
Here are pics.
IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

Looks excellent. Very good value for the price. Was it difficult to find a carrier to pick up and deliver ? I would imagine you had to wait til there was more to pick up in the area to split cost of the trip. With the price of fuel I don't see the cost getting any more reasonable in the near future.

hmgary

Your dealer can adjust the rapid deceleration out of your rig. I had it done to mine. No need to buy the coast valve.

yo-dt

hmgary,
Do you, or anyone listening, know what is performed to adjust the valve? I ask as I would rather do it myself.
Thanx
Harry

yo-dt

Agent Blue,
The cost to ship from Georgia to Wisconsin was $450.00. I used U-Ship and suffered through 700 to $800 bids before accepting this one. I tried to explain what a Kubota RTV is, most did not know, and also presented its size. The wheel width from inside tire to inside tire is 35 inches which makes it a little narrow for non flat bed car haulers. The trucker I hired is Brian and can be reached at bkelly7712@gmail.com. He hauls anything and had a narrow front wheel tractor and several large front end buckets and cement breakers on his rig. Quite the guy as I was ready to "play" with the Kubota after unloaded but he wanted to talk. We did for an hour. Very interesting fellow.
Harry

hmgary

Sorry I don't, but I'm pretty sure there are several threads that discuss it. The way the mechanic at my dealership explained it to me is that in the past Kubota wouldn't let the dealerships adjust the rapid deceleration out of the machines. They thought it was a safety issue stopping an 1800 lb. machine. I'm surprised they ever sold any machines with the way they were adjusted. After I had mine fixed it's like driving a different machine. I bought my machine used . The factory glass windshield frame was there but the glass was broken out. The previous owner probably was slammed up against it and it blew out. :yum:

yo-dt

hmgary, you must have a small Kubota as mine weighs almost 2,500 pounds (RTV 1100)
I did find other several threads that talked about the coast valve. I assembled them into a three concise page document with pictures. One page deals with an amateur approach to fixing the other is quite precise. I did not keep the originators of the documents to give them their due credit.
If anyone interested I could post them.
Let me know and perhaps it should be a new thread for others to find.
Harry

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new work horse!!!!! Very nice.

Please do post those instructions. It would be best to start a new thread where others can chime in with their experiences with this issue. Thanks! :tiphat:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
CONGRATS!!!

Regarding the abrupt stop (and the word abrupt is a good search on this forum where we've discussed it at length), with a little practice feathering the pedal, coupled with a couple hundred hours of operation, the abruptness can be minimized.

Tact

CONGRATS!!!

Regarding the abrupt stop (and the word abrupt is a good search on this forum where we've discussed it at length), with a little practice feathering the pedal, coupled with a couple hundred hours of operation, the abruptness can be minimized.

:stupid:

hmgary

Makes it hard if anyone not trained in the pedal feathering technique to drive the rig. It would make it like the Lone Ranger's horse, only he could ride it.