workinallthetime

So how long are you banned for??? :confused: Do you know that with close to 2,500 posts on that old, cumbersome website that I was never deleted or banned? :rolleyes: So I don't exactly know the drill. ;)

I'm sure Doc will let you hang out here at NTT for as long as you remain in EXILE from that other, less friendly site! :yum: :yum: :yum:

We New Englanders will just have to put up with a few more of them silly Kentuckian member posts than normal for a brief while. :shock:

Dougster

Twernt banned, just deleted a post, (approx. 30 times now) then the thread was locked. I did get a PM/lecture from one of the mods. Seems a couple of them are at odds too. It's only a matter of time before that site implodes. I'll gladly be the one that lights the fuse.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You know you can hang out here with us Bad Boys Junk. I had my share of posts removed, mostly in the oil forum ...but I got into a ruckus in the lawn and garden area one month. :hide:

They want to appear to the world as if all get along without disagreement. I hope our open communication helps this site grow by leaps and bounds.

Rep points for anyone with a web site that you can put in your TBN sig, and on that site link back here to NTT. This last paragraph in this post will disappear within 24 hours from now. :hide:

workinallthetime

ya know we are all just red necks with different colors, if those colors are tractors, flags, trucks, or power tools. we spread as much hate and discontent as we do love, friendship and that good ole boy attitude we all have.
i try and gain dem smarts from everyone i can, but those who just want to argue have no use to me or my dog (jake the blue healer)
:respect:

Archdean

"Rep points for anyone with a web site that you can put in your TBN sig, and on that site link back here to NTT. This last paragraph in this post will disappear withing 24 hours from now. :hide:"

Don't/haven't gone there in years! Reason:
Just how many ways are there to gap a damn lawn mower spark plug anyway???:bangin:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Rep points for anyone with a web site that you can put in your TBN sig, and on that site link back here to NTT. This last paragraph in this post will disappear within 24 hours from now. :hide:

Mine's still up Doc..........:whistle:

Dougster

Old Member
Twernt banned, just deleted a post, (approx. 30 times now) then the thread was locked. I did get a PM/lecture from one of the mods. Seems a couple of them are at odds too. It's only a matter of time before that site implodes. I'll gladly be the one that lights the fuse.
You weren't even banned? Just a post on the topic of garbage deleted??? :confused: I don't think that qualifies you as a full-fledged Bad Boy!!! ;)
You know you can hang out here with us Bad Boys Junk. I had my share of posts removed, mostly in the oil forum ...but I got into a ruckus in the lawn and garden area one month. :hide:
Garbage??? Motor Oil??? Lawn & Garden??? :confused: :wtf:

What kind of Bad Boys are we talking about here??? :yum:

Next it will be the topics of Cookies and Ice Cream!!! ;)

Dougster

You weren't even banned? Just a post on the topic of garbage deleted??? :confused: I don't think that qualifies you as a full-fledged Bad Boy!!! ;)

Dougster

OK Dougster, ONE MORE TIME.....:waiting:

The THREAD wasn't deleted. Only MY post. (Even though several post's were far more personal in nature, and IMHO, more "offensive") Then the thread was padlocked. Then I get the semi-quasi-explainatory PM from the mod telling me I'm a threat to the "Family values" they're trying to achieve. (I'm wondering if that's the ADAMS Family? The Osbourne family? Or maybe even the Manson Family values)

I should have kept a count. If I ever thought for a second it would have came this far I would have. But... I'm ESTIMATING that I've had over 30 post's deleted, as well as being part of 10 to 12 threads that disappeared.....ALL at the hands of TWO mods.

I'm fairly certain I could start a thread on cotton candy and lolly pops and have it deleted.

Did you ever get the idea someone didn't like you?

Dougster

Old Member
I'm fairly certain I could start a thread on cotton candy and lolly pops and have it deleted.

Did you ever get the idea someone didn't like you?
Oh, I get that feeling all the time! ;) Every time I encounter a cop or open a property tax bill!!! :(

But the Junk is clearly a very outspoken and controversial character. Everyone knows that. It is not like this should be a big surprise to anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes on-line in a tractor forum. :boxing: :fishing: :yankchain:

Dougster

rback33

Heck, even little ole me has had some posts disappear in the other forum. Mostly because they were direct replies to jerked posts that in turn took mine with it. I know one old HAWK of a mod that has pissed a LOT of people off over there. I have never had any major issues, but I know a lot of people felt that he picks on them specifically. I know one that left and never even checks his PM's much. He was pretty outspoken but knowledgeable. I will shoot him an email and see if he comes in. He has had a LOT going on in his personal life, and tractors have had to take a back seat. Hopefully he comes over though. It's funny how things have changed over at the old site. I don't think there is near as much activity or useful info being exchanged over there anymore. I wonder how much that has to do with some of the mods?

Dougster

Old Member
Heck, even little ole me has had some posts disappear in the other forum. Mostly because they were direct replies to jerked posts that in turn took mine with it. I know one old HAWK of a mod that has pissed a LOT of people off over there. I have never had any major issues, but I know a lot of people felt that he picks on them specifically. I know one that left and never even checks his PM's much. He was pretty outspoken but knowledgeable. I will shoot him an email and see if he comes in. He has had a LOT going on in his personal life, and tractors have had to take a back seat. Hopefully he comes over though.
Now Jeremy... I don't think you've ever posted a controversial, insulting or even mildly impolite post in your entire on-line life! ;) How could you have possibly had posts disappear??? :confused:
It's funny how things have changed over at the old site. I don't think there is near as much activity or useful info being exchanged over there anymore. I wonder how much that has to do with some of the mods?
While I don't post over there anymore, my leaving had nothing to do with any moderators. The site just got too big, too cumbersome, too personally nasty at times, too repetitive & boring... and, most importantly, it just wasn't fun anymore. For my own selfish reasons, I sincerely hope this site doesn't end up going down that same path as it continues to grow. I really like the fact that this is a genuinely friendly site and... pardon me if I offend anyone... I hope the nastiest SOBs from that other site decide to stay away or at least lighten up a bit if they decide to come this way. :eek:

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Dougster

:yum: :yum: Made me laugh out loud Dougster. Good one. :thumb:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... pardon me if I offend anyone... I hope the nastiest SOBs from that other site decide to stay away or at least lighten up a bit if they decide to come this way.
Some of them migrated to Doc's other site (ForumsForums.com) where free-ranging political discussion etc is encouraged. A couple had some sense knocked into them by honest answers and have become interesting posters, a few more had wild tantrums then disappeared. A couple found FF to be a perfect podium for their opinions. And several good decent people now have a place to talk politics, guns, religion, whatever they want. If you're looking for the non-tractor topics that disappeared off TBN, take a look at FF.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Now Jeremy... I don't think you've ever posted a controversial, insulting or even mildly impolite post in your entire on-line life! ;) How could you have possibly had posts disappear??? :confused:

Dougster

I think Jeremy was saying that his posts were under the nasty ones. When a offending post is deleted it takes all the posts after it with it. I lost some posts that way also.

Well of course you did....ANYONE who would hay with less than 70 HP needs to be censured...:mrgreen:

As an aside, I just noticed they edited the thread dealing with manufacturer than ran into problems because of Katrina...:confused:

Well of course you did....ANYONE who would hay with less than 70 HP needs to be censured...:mrgreen:

As an aside, I just noticed they edited the thread dealing with manufacturer than ran into problems because of Katrina...:confused:

There's a few key phrases that just about ALWAYS get me "inspired".

Most of them start with "You can't....." :badidea:

Oh yes I can too :thumb:

Dougster

Old Member
Some of them migrated to Doc's other site (ForumsForums.com) where free-ranging political discussion etc is encouraged. A couple had some sense knocked into them by honest answers and have become interesting posters, a few more had wild tantrums then disappeared. A couple found FF to be a perfect podium for their opinions. And several good decent people now have a place to talk politics, guns, religion, whatever they want. If you're looking for the non-tractor topics that disappeared off TBN, take a look at FF.
Yep... been over and visited. It's like the wild west of forums... but let me be clear that I've never personally been offended by the topic of a post. I suppose one can argue that a particular topic is out of place in a particular forum, etc... but that's never been an issue with me. I just ignore topics that don't interest me. I was a creature of the Usenet long before web-based forums became so very popular... so any halfway intelligent post that isn't spam or complete mindless babble is usually fine by me.

On the other hand, folks jumping ugly at you (in a vindictive and personal sense) for no good reason kinda offends me. Endlessly repetitive and circular posts can wear me out as well. Maybe I am just getting old (Hell, of course I am!!!)... but given a choice, give me a more mature, intelligent and friendly site anytime! :thumb:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
I think Jeremy was saying that his posts were under the nasty ones. When a offending post is deleted it takes all the posts after it with it. I lost some posts that way also.
Ahhhhh... okay! :) Got it! :thumb:

So Jeremy was caught playing around in the wrong playground! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
There are nasty SOBs over there?:no: Say it ain't so, I had never noticed.:rolleyes:
Not many Brian... but as time rolled on, there were enough in my case to spoil the fun and cause me to want to move on. By about the thirteenth bashing on the same old topics by the same old handful of SOBs... I believe I'd had enough. :rolleyes:

Dougster