RTV and a beegee box scrapper?

Has anyone pulled a beegee box scrapper behind your RTV to dress up your roads? My local dealer said he has sold several 5ft. wide scrappers to RTV owners. I asked him if a 6footer would be too wide, he did not know. Any one put their RTV to work, I have not done so myself, yet.</P>

</P>

Roy</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="earth construction"]

Any one put their RTV to work, I have not done so myself, yet.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Roy, I put my RTV to work regularly. Not familiar with the box scraper you're referring to but is it similar to a box blade for a tractor? Is there a particular reason you want to go with 6' instead of 5'? Would the dealer allow you to demo a 6' to see how it works?

Brian</P>

Brian: </P>

Just talked to the dealership and was told that they have sold 2 , 6ft. scrappers. He himself demmoed it in back of dealership. He said he could fill the box and still pull it around in 2wd drive. The longer the box the better job they do in gradeing. He is going to call the dealer and find out how long the toung is to see if I can hual it with my trailer. Sounds like I will get one, I will let you know how it works.</P>

</P>

Roy</P>

G

sure would like to see one, anyone know whats available for the remote hydraulics? Just bought a new rtv and love it. Sure puts my old mule out to pasture.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="earth construction"]He said he could fill the box and still pull it around in 2wd drive.[/quote]</P>

Roy,</P>

I understand it could still pull it but I just wonder what the RTV components think of doing it. I have a 6' box blade behind my tractor (which could beat the RTV in a tug-of-war) but when it's full of something heavy like gravel, I can notice it's something it will do but doesn't like doing so (and it's gear drive). I just wonder what the HST will think of that kind of dragging load.</P>

Neil or JP, thoughts?</P>

Brian</P>

Brian</P>

When I talked to the dealer I asked him if the warrenty was still goods when using this box? He said it was within kubota's approved guideline for the warrenty to still be good. They must think it will handle it.</P>

</P>

Roy</P>

G

Do you have online pictures of this thing? I'm curious to see how it gets setup. I'd think the RTV would do just fine, the tranny is not that far off of a tractors hydrostatic.

Someone asked about what implements are available for the remote hydraulics. Domesticly, nothing really. I have heard of a few people rigging stuff up but nothing mainstream. In europe hydraulic powered hand tools are rather popular and I think thats eventualy where they are going with that.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]Do you have online pictures of this thing? I'm curious to see how it gets setup. I'd think the RTV would do just fine, the tranny is not that far off of a tractors hydrostatic.[/quote]</P>

I need a picture myself. I keep thinking of a box blade for a tractor which is probably incorrect.[:^)] A beegee box scraper must be something different. If it is something like a 6' box blade, I'd be reluctant in that I don't think a BX2230 (which I believe is similar in engine and tranny as a RTV) would like dragging a 6' box blade around as the blade itself weighs around 600# empty.</P>

The unit is about 500 lbs. and will carry agout 2/3 yrds of dirt. You would not keep the box full of course, as carring just enough to fill in the low spots is all you need. The dealership said that they filled up the box up full and it pulled just fine. I do not know where the trans came from but the engine has been used for years in one of their tractors and has been proven. I am taking the work of the dealer in that the unit can handle it.</P>

</P>

Roy</P>

Ricochet

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Well, if the dealer is prepared to fix any damage it might cause...then go for it. I would like to see a picture of it as well. It sounds like it would work, but a tractor & its style of transmission is better suited for this type of application. Also,if KTC does not offer it as an accessory I seriously doubt it has been tested and approved. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN></P>

RTV

I have gearmore box scraper that works great. It's 6-feet wide and runs on the hydraulic system. Just unplug the bed-lift and plug in the scraper and away you go. I posted a picture in thebeginning of this site.

G

I am very interested in this set-up! How can I get information on how to purchase this particular brand. Using the on-board hydraulic system sounds great. Any information and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

G

Looks like pictures where posted. </P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/photos/rtv_photo_gallery/picture5251.aspx</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Knoxville

I recently purchased a Kubota RTV right before the new 2006 changes. What a bummer...wish I new about the upcoming changes. I review this forum daily and enjoy the good information. I went ahead and added a profile today to make it easier to pass informaiton. I am interested in purchasing one of the two box scapper options. Looks like one attaches to the machine itself, the other is a pull behind. Any information would be greatly appreciated. </P>

Best Regards</P>

G

If it was my machine I would probably get the pull type. There is alot less mountings and parts involved in that setup. If you where to ever get a different machine at some point you should be able to move it right over. </P>

RTV

I purchased the Gearmore box scraper through my Kubota dealer (C & N Tractors). You find Gearmore Equipment on the web at www.gearmore.com.</P>

You can see pictures at http://photobucket.com/albums/e254/mjb1957/RIVER/?sc=3</P>

What I like about the towable scraper, is that when you cut, the down pressure of the box does not lessen the weight on the rear wheels which in-turn reduces traction. I have graded our road to the back of our property which is fairly steep. The RTV can pull the scraper with a full box and cutting up about a 26% grade. </P>

</P>

Knoxville

I just ordered a 3 pt unit that attaches to the machines receiver hitch. You can see a similar design at Kolpinpowersports.com. The one on the website does not utilize the machines on board hydraulics. I phoned Kolpin direct and they have made several for RTV owners that plug into the bed hydo outlet. Mine will be here next week! It will also work off the bed hydo outlet. Kolpin has a line ofimplements that require other attachments (tool bar, etc.). I was assured that the one I ordered will work with any 3 pt accessory onthe market as long as it is suited to the size of the RTV (cat. 1).</P>

My contact at Kolpin was very friendly. He told me that they created this larger unit (bigger than the atv model) specific for the RTV but could not get it off the ground withKubota. If this turns out to be a good thing I will post his direct line along with pictures. </P>

Best Regards</P>