Hand Throttle

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
As a "older" member here on the Forum, creature comforts such as heating and air conditioning are almost a requirement. One thing that Kubota Corp. seems to have gotten right is the heat/AC set up on my 2012 - 1100. Plowing snow or just cruising around in zero degree temps and just wearing a tee shirt hardly seems natural. And, that is with the fan blower on low. BTW, I am NOT a Kubota dealer...LOL.

ovrszd

As a "older" member here on the Forum, creature comforts such as heating and air conditioning are almost a requirement. One thing that Kubota Corp. seems to have gotten right is the heat/AC set up on my 2012 - 1100. Plowing snow or just cruising around in zero degree temps and just wearing a tee shirt hardly seems natural. And, that is with the fan blower on low. BTW, I am NOT a Kubota dealer...LOL.

That's where I am. I plan my use of my open station RTV around the weather now, if possible.

I need to go look at the newer cab models. I know this will sound silly, but here goes. Is it possible to easily remove the windshield and/or doors? During good weather I prefer an open station.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Looks like the doors pop off easily I'm not sure I would want to break the seal on the windshield but it does appear to be bolted on. That said the windows do roll down generously and ac is hard to beat... I haven't had mine apart yet as I bought it last fall but I will probably keep it together as I am a beekeeper too.....

ovrszd

Looks like the doors pop off easily I'm not sure I would want to break the seal on the windshield but it does appear to be bolted on. That said the windows do roll down generously and ac is hard to beat... I haven't had mine apart yet as I bought it last fall but I will probably keep it together as I am a beekeeper too.....

I thought maybe the door hinges could be modified to Jeep style so they simply lift off. Wasn't sure about the windshield. Thanks!!!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
On my RTV 1100 the doors are easily removed if one wanted to. With the windows slid open and/or the A/C on, there is plenty of cool fresh air. Of course the windshield unlatches on the bottom and can also be pushed open if desired. Sooooo easy to become spoiled with a full cab.

ovrszd

On my RTV 1100 the doors are easily removed if one wanted to. With the windows slid open and/or the A/C on, there is plenty of cool fresh air. Of course the windshield unlatches on the bottom and can also be pushed open if desired. Sooooo easy to become spoiled with a full cab.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping.

I hear ya on the spoiled part. Comes with age. Kinda like wisdom. :)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
On my x1100 the windshield isn't on hinges and doesn't open.... but when I back it in the barn nose out and she catches sun rays in the afternoon when I get in the cab is already warmed up for me, which is awesome but I suspect the ac will come in handy this summer for the same reason

ovrszd

On my x1100 the windshield isn't on hinges and doesn't open.... but when I back it in the barn nose out and she catches sun rays in the afternoon when I get in the cab is already warmed up for me, which is awesome but I suspect the ac will come in handy this summer for the same reason

I thought by pictures I've studied that some windshields open, some do not?

Not sure where the cutoff is for that? Maybe dependent on age?

Mark.Sibole

I think they have changed over time.Personally a hinge is just something else to break.I have an open cab with a fixed windshield and like it like that.

ovrszd

I bought my RTV used with an aftermarket tilt out windshield. I saw no purpose in that at all.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I thought by pictures I've studied that some windshields open, some do not?

Not sure where the cutoff is for that? Maybe dependent on age?

When I bought my x1100 I asked about the hinged windshield and he said they quit making them like that but didn't know why. It would have been kinda cool to have on the enclosed cab but not a deal breaker

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does Curtis still make the cabs or are the made by Kubota?
Wondering if the Curtis opened but if now made by Kubota or someone else, the tilt out wasn't included.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
According to the dealer it's a Curtis cab because when picked up some extra keys the parts guy said the key was a Curtis part number. I'll tell you what the cab is as tight as a frogs ass, you have to slam the doors or crack a window to get them shut.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I finally got the correct part number for the Hand Throttle for the X series RTV's.:dancing: It is V5245. Cost is $136.
The kit is for X900, X1100 and X1120 and is easy to install. It makes plowing much nicer, control speed without reducing engine RPM.

ovrszd

Thanks for the update and parts number.

I don't plow snow. I don't use my hand throttle regularly. But when I do I really appreciate it!!!!

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
That price is for the hand throttle only, not the kit. When I went to the dealer to buy it this is what they ordered, but when it arrived it was only the throttle. The kit includes all the hardware needed. I had to return the throttle and wait for the correct item. There is much confusion going between Kubota and Whole Goods. I still don't understand how the system works. I've seen three different part numbers for the hand throttle kits.