Hand Throttle

tfdr1

BiffNH, I just want to confirm that V5245 is the complete hand throttle kit for the X900 because I'm going to order online through MB Tractor and don't want to screw it up. Also if you have the K part number that would be a huge plus.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, the kit has the number V5245. I bought mine through MB - just 20 miles from me. When you order make sure you say you want the kit, nut just the hand throttle. I believe the V in front designates it as a Whole Goods item - not sure of that however. Good Luck. Installation is easy. Works really well. Just plowed two storms this past two weeks, 15 inches and 6 inches.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't. That is the number that is on the instructions - Hand Throttle Kit. I am sorry, but I don't have the paper work with me right now - it is in my shop. I don't remember a K number associated with the kit. I'll get back to you if I find something. If you talk to the sales people they should be OK with the V number. I just went through this with them.

tfdr1

OK. I was going to order it online and the K part number is what I need because if I look it up by V5245 it is just the cable. I have the K part number for the 5241 which is listed as the hand throttle in the RTV brochure.

It's funny how the V5241 description says it's to maintain engine speed for varying ground speed, or something to that effect and the V5245 says it's for the 60" broom to adjust speed. I called a couple dealers just to get their take on it and the response from all was "I'm not sure what the difference is".

Dave

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
This is the confusion I had - and at the parts department as well. I will run up to my shop this afternoon and check to see what other info I can find. I will get back to you as soon as I can. It keeps the engine rpm's up at whatever value you want and the pedal then just controls the ground speed. You can set the RPMs at any value you want, if it is not full then you can override it by pushing the pedal down to a higher travel speed.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Dave,
No where in the paper work does it list a K part number. Originally they ordered me part # K7591-45310. This ended up being just the throttle cable. I called and talked to the parts fellow who realized his mistake and he then ordered the entire kit. The Engine Hand Throttle Kit is listed as V5245. The parts list for the kit does list the individual parts and they all have part numbers beginning with 77700, 77559 or 70060. Oddly enough in the parts breakdown it lists the throttle cable as having part # 77700-02732 which doesn't agree with the K7591-45310 that they sent me first! I wish I could be a better help, but this is all I have for information. Best of luck!

tfdr1

I'll just go with the V5241 which is K7591-99450 and is listed as hand throttle kit and live with it, LOL.

Attachments

• V5241.jpg
    V5241.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 82

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
The illustration that you posted in your previous post is what I was going from, however what arrived is somewhat different. There is confusion between the older 900's the 900x's and the X900's. The V5245 is for the X900, XX1100 and X1120 specifically. That is all I know. Sorry I can't be much help. Let me know how you make out.

tfdr1

Maybe I'll just call again and explain it to the parts guy and hopefully he'll get it right. Who knew such a simple thing would be so complicated.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I think it best that you call and talk. I am having the same sort of problem with ordering new heavy duty front struts. I get too many different part numbers and no way to cross reference them to my machine. The dealer told me originally that he put on the heavy duty springs (yellow tape), but I think this is not the case. Now I want to put on the heavy duty strut option, but can't seem to find two sources that list the same part number. I will have to deal with the parts counter directly.

tfdr1

I just bought a set of heavy duty damper assemblies, as they call them. The kit for both struts with springs is V5219. I paid $300 including shipping to the dealer, which I think is a crock of .... that I needed to pay shipping. You would also be smart to get new bushings for them. I'll get you the part numbers for them if you want.

Dave

Attachments

• V6219 hd struts.jpg
    V6219 hd struts.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 70

tfdr1

Bushings

Upper bushing K7591-18242

Lower bushing K7591-17650

4 of each are needed.

Dave

Attachments

• Front suspension.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 11

tfdr1

Forgot I saved the paperwork that came in box with K part number.

Dave

Attachments

• 20170326_152202.jpg
    20170326_152202.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 80

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you for the information. I have seen that part number. The V5219 does have a K number correlary. This dual part number system is confusing.

tfdr1

One of the parts guys I talked to the other day explained that the Whole Goods stuff with V part number is or was sold by Sales and K number parts are sold by Parts. He also claimed that they are starting to ditch the V part numbers and convert to all K numbers.

It only took me about 45 minutes to swap out both strut assemblies last weekend.

Dave.

DEK

tfdr1,

I found a Kubota whole goods price list effective June 2015, and it shows two throttle kits for an X900. V5241 listed with AUX hydraulic pump $99, and V5245 listed with power broom $146. Besides the price, it doesn't give a difference.

I tried entering the link to the price list, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

DEK

http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/118758/651797/file/Fl%20Coast%20Kubota%20gr%20%202%20sub%202,3.pdf"]http://http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/118758/651797/file/Fl%20Coast%20Kubota%20gr%20%202%20sub%202,3.pdf[/URL]

Another try with price list link.

tfdr1

That's pretty much what I was told when I called about it the other day. When I asked what the difference was between the two all I could Invision was the "deer in the headlights" blank stare by the 5 seconds of silence I got. It seems that they do the same thing which is adjust the throttle.

The mystery lives on.

Dave